Let's Help Dan

Bahama O's Fan

29 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So we’re just ignoring the fact that Corbin’s a one year rental and Broxton’s under contract through 2022?

Not ignoring it - just think that Corbin could bring in a younger player with just as much upside. 

Broxton had .4 WAR last year. Corbin had a 3.1 WAR. Diamondbacks made the playoffs last year. I just think it'll take more than Keon Broxton to make a trade happen. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/27/2018 at 4:59 PM, Can_of_corn said:

But that is how you get pitching if you can't get FA to come to you and you won't invest in the international market.  I don't think you can get enough arms from just the draft.

The problem is DD keeps talking about money and "competing in this market."  The fact is Angelos has opened up the checkbook in recent years, but Duke is not creative enough in building a team.  He got lucky with guys like Chen and others who played over their expectations, but in general he has failed to make good trades or get creative in his moves.  The problem is no longer Angelos (although many here will argue that.)  The problem is Duquette and his performance since he wasn't allowed to go to Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

The problem is DD keeps talking about money and "competing in this market."  The fact is Angelos has opened up the checkbook in recent years, but Duke is not creative enough in building a team.  He got lucky with guys like Chen and others who played over their expectations, but in general he has failed to make good trades or get creative in his moves.  The problem is no longer Angelos (although many here will argue that.)  The problem is Duquette and his performance since he wasn't allowed to go to Toronto. 

I certainly think Dan gets part of the blame but working for Angelos does limit his options and that should be acknowledged.

That doesn't excuse him from giving up a first round pick for someone that couldn't pass the team physical.

34 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

baloney.gif?w=358&h=364

Alex Cobb - 4 years, $60M

Lance Lynn - 4 years, $60M

There - you're now competitive.

[DISCLAIMER - of course Cobb and Lynn may be looking for more.  But these numbers should be put out there by the team to make a decent effort to sign actual starting pitchers.]

1 hour ago, Oriol3s said:

Alex Cobb - 4 years, $60M

Lance Lynn - 4 years, $60M

There - you're now competitive.

[DISCLAIMER - of course Cobb and Lynn may be looking for more.  But these numbers should be put out there by the team to make a decent effort to sign actual starting pitchers.]

I agree with this and would probably be the direction I would consider but I thought I read that he couldn't give out four year contracts to pitchers.

14 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I agree with this and would probably be the direction I would consider but I thought I read that he couldn't give out four year contracts to pitchers.

Yes, I've read similar stories...if true, then people who say Angelos isn't the problem are wrong.

If it's not true, then what is the front office doing???

Archived