Drew Hutchison? Ewww...

Frobby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hutchison would be a good minor league signing with an invite to ST to compete for a spot.    He pitched well at AAA last year but as had little success in the majors.   Kind of like Mike Wright.    2M base if he makes the team with  incentive for another million would not be a bad deal.   At the least he could be good depth in the system.

MLBTR freaked me out with their mention of this. In their headline, as they often do, they put together names with teams separated by commas.

AL Notes: Sox, Nunez, E.

Jimenez, Orioles, Royals, Soler

I thought, “Great, Jimenez and the Orioles-here we go again.”

So, by comparison, Hutchison looks good. :D

7 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Lol that smells like such an Orioles move. I’m okay with giving him a look as a #5, but there would need to be two other real starters signed before him if we’re serious about competing (which it seems we think we are, even though we probably should not be).

They would soooo bring him in and market him as a former ace.  Number three starter.  "Knows the AL East."  The Orioles make it too easy.

11 hours ago, waroriole said:

They're really gonna feel an attendance swing starting this year. I'm die hard and I'm losing interest at an alarming rate

Hasnt that already happened? Once Machado leaves it will likely get even worse. 

On 2/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Lol that smells like such an Orioles move. I’m okay with giving him a look as a #5, but there would need to be two other real starters signed before him if we’re serious about competing (which it seems we think we are, even though we probably should not be).

The Orioles aren’t serious about competing. All you have to do is look at the offseason. 

We are not getting any worthwhile SPs. Settling for dumpster diving and the rule 5. 

They screwed up getting a return for Machado due to waiting too long. Now we will experience the same thing with Schoop. 

Proboem from the top down is the decision makers have no interest in the long term success of the club. They likely won’t be around to feel the affects from the loss of Manny, Schoop etc...

33 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The Orioles aren’t serious about competing. All you have to do is look at the offseason. 

We are not getting any worthwhile SPs. Settling for dumpster diving and the rule 5. 

They screwed up getting a return for Machado due to waiting too long. Now we will experience the same thing with Schoop. 

Proboem from the top down is the decision makers have no interest in the long term success of the club. They likely won’t be around to feel the affects from the loss of Manny, Schoop etc...

It does appear the Orioles are in a cross roads. They have a manager and GM in their last year's of their contracts, they are coming off a last place season, their star player is one year away from free agency, their closer was hurt n the offseason and will miss at least half the season, and they have two known starting pitchers neither of which have shown to be more than a #3 starter over a full season.

This team really needs to just rebuild. It's not a player or two from competing but between the "slow offseason for all of MLB" and the not trading of Machado, it seems like the Orioles are in a state of indecision. It doesn't appear they have any plan for next year or the future. 

On 5 February 2018, this team is facing a 100 loss season and it seems like the Orioles have zero plans to avoid that.

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It does appear the Orioles are in a cross roads. They have a manager and GM in their last year's of their contracts, they are coming off a last place season, their star player is one year away from free agency, their closer was hurt n the offseason and will miss at least half the season, and they have two known starting pitchers neither of which have shown to be more than a #3 starter over a full season.

This team really needs to just rebuild. It's not a player or two from competing but between the "slow offseason for all of MLB" and the not trading of Machado, it seems like the Orioles are in a state of indecision. It doesn't appear they have any plan for next year or the future

On 5 February 2018, this team is facing a 100 loss season and it seems like the Orioles have zero plans to avoid that.

CLB would simply say, (sic) "B E L E I V E "!  

Naysayers, haters, "non-beleivers" be gone!  #BUCKYEAH  #Wildcard  #Frobby #WhyNot 

21 hours ago, waroriole said:

They're really gonna feel an attendance swing starting this year. I'm die hard and I'm losing interest at an alarming rate

There are going to be some BRUTALLY empty games during weekdays this year, especially if they don't come out of the gate strong in the first couple weeks.

I think the reality is that the "plan" was to sign one trade for one and rule 5 and internal battle for one.  It honestly could have worked and not been terrible and I think in the back of their minds, Tillman could always have been added to be another cheap addition with potential.

Of course, once it became clear that the window of opportunity for pitchers wanting to sign cheap three year contracts consisted of me and you and a dog named boo, it forced the Orioles to look at other options, plan B, and of course that road was cut off by the nearly impossible, medical questionnaire that while not a completely bad thing, is a constant source of difficulty.  In addition, the top names, plan C, were never considered at any price, because, well...Orioles.

The Orioles one position of strength was bullpen and on the day that Brittons heel exploded, this ruined the A2 portion of the plan to trade for a starter.  This pushed the Orioles to plan B2 which of course was trade Manny.  I mean, I'm sorta with Dan.  I don't know where we are gonna get em (pitchers) at this point...

But to Frobby's original post...Ewww, is something I think we need to get used to.

2018 Baltimore Orioles Priorities

GM on Final Year of Contract
Manager on Final Year
Best Player on Final Year
Best Reliever on Final Year
Team Leader on Final Year
FA Signings Not preferred
Trades of Current Players Not preferred
International Players Not Preferred
Starting Pitchers for #3, #4, #5….(see rule 5)
Left Handed Bat
Current Stars at Fan Fest
Public Relations 

50 minutes ago, bobmc said:

CLB would simply say, (sic) "B E L E I V E "!  

Naysayers, haters, "non-beleivers" be gone!  #BUCKYEAH  #Wildcard  #Frobby #WhyNot 

Well since I have no idea what you are talking about, I'll just say enjoy your fandom and belief.I'll stick with reality and my opinions.

If he was the 5th starter behind Arrieta, Cobb, Gausman, and Bundy, great.  Fantastic.  Otherwise.....ugh.  I mean, why spend over 150 million to be a last place team?  They can shed a bunch of payroll and accomplish the same thing.  Walk a walking cluster****.

Archived