Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

18 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I said last week that the 4th and 5th pitchers will be Tillman and a Rule 5 guy. Whether it's a Rule 5 guy or it's Castro (with a R5 guy taking his bullpen spot) is semantics, but as the commercial says, it's happening, sweetheart.

I think your right. I think the O's are done now, its just time to play.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cimota said:

He has mentioned it with Cashner serveral times and now with Tillman.  He hasn't said anything about DD and DD has had a low profile recently.

That, or reporting that the GM - whose job it is to negotiate contracts with players - negotiated a $3m deal with a guy that everyone expected to stay in Baltimore in the first place, is like reporting that water is wet.

Just now, theobird said:

I think your right. I think the O's are done now, its just time to play.

I don't think they're done. On the one hand, folks want to believe Roch's "their out on the big 3" blurb, but on the other hand folks don't want to believe Roch's "Dan says they will keep adding to the team". 

I tend to believe both.

Just now, interloper said:

I don't think they're done. On the one hand, folks want to believe Roch's "their out on the big 3" blurb, but on the other hand folks don't want to believe Roch's "Dan says they will keep adding to the team". 

I tend to believe both.

The Orioles were never really into the big 3, they were in on Cashner back in Nov, so he was high on their list the whole time. IMO

They are not in on the big 3, imo. It is also my opinion that is a good thing. I predict all 3 of those guys will be entirely over paid. We don't need another Ubaldo contract. I could see a Liriano type deal, because of his flexibility between the rotation and the bullpen. Just my two cents.

8 minutes ago, theobird said:

They are not in on the big 3, imo. It is also my opinion that is a good thing. I predict all 3 of those guys will be entirely over paid. We don't need another Ubaldo contract. I could see a Liriano type deal, because of his flexibility between the rotation and the bullpen. Just my two cents.

Im thinking the pen is getting pretty full now. :)

1 hour ago, theobird said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Liriano. He was good in 2014 and 2015 and good after going to Toronto in 2016. But he's going into his age 34 season and coming off back-to-back below average seasons. I don't mind the O's taking a flyer on him, but don't want them to guarantee anything.

2 minutes ago, cimota said:

He has also said about 10 times they checked on Vargas medicals.  It is his way of saying Vargas failed the  Orioles physical.  

You don’t have a physical before you agree on contract terms.    But it’s pretty likely they did get some records the agent made available. 

9 hours ago, eddie83 said:

He isn’t getting any younger. What is the succession plan?  

Who knows.  

Mostly he dies and the team is sold... remember there are a bunch of partners. Sure he could leave it to his sons and perhaps they could pay the inheritance tab. But I’m hoping they don’t.

i realize he was a good owner early on ... but his meddling, the nationals situation, and his hard stance about pitchers contract and international scouting hamstrings the team big time. If he was flexible at all Cobb who we need imo would be an easy sign in this market at something like 4/68

9 hours ago, eddie83 said:

He isn’t getting any younger. What is the succession plan?  

Who knows.  

The succession plan is that MLB holds up the transfer of his piece of the team until the MASN dispute is cleared up once and for all, and in the Nationals' favor.

21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Mostly he dies and the team is sold... remember there are a bunch of partners. Sure he could leave it to his sons and perhaps they could pay the inheritance tab. But I’m hoping they don’t.

i realize he was a good owner early on ... but his meddling, the nationals situation, and his hard stance about pitchers contract and international scouting hamstrings the team big time. If he was flexible at all Cobb who we need imo would be an easy sign in this market at something like 4/68

He's bought out at least some of the partners over the years.

17 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

The succession plan is that MLB holds up the transfer of his piece of the team until the MASN dispute is cleared up once and for all, and in the Nationals' favor.

Oh and No All-Star game until then either. 

Remember Bud promised the Lerners that he would do that. 

Archived