Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2018 at 8:32 PM, crawjo said:

For outfield, I want somebody who can play some defense, preferably back up center field. Dyson or Jay would be good fits. For the starting rotation, I would be surprised if they added somebody, but they certainly have the budget to do it. And realistically Wright and the other suspects are probably best regarded as replacements in case of injury to someone else. Plus, with how bad Tillman was last year (and how low his base salary is this year) they might be thinking of an insurance plan if he pitches like a turnip again this year.

Disappointed they didn’t get Dyson, not expensive.

Need more SP depth. 

Regardless hard to see behind this year without a Manny trade. It’s like we almost want them to be bad for the long term benefit of the franchise so they sell off pieces at the deadline?

16 hours ago, eddie83 said:

How low are they about to go? 

$50MM off books after this year- Jones, Manny, Britton, Brach 

$22MM at least off books after 2019-O’Day, Trumbo. Add more with Cashner.

Arb eligible players are

Schoop who is only here through 19

Joseph 

Gausman 

Beckham 

Bundy - starts next year 

Mancini not until 2020 

It is no wonder so many people think Angelos may be selling. They have some position players prospects we all know about to fill some holes. Bundy is here through 2021, Gausman 2020, hope is for Harvey on the way.  

This year looks like a take a chance and hope for the best approach with no real sense of urgency to go after it.  

Thanks for posting!

oh that Davis contract...lol, what a disaster!

If they do sign Rasmus I would send Hays to AAA to start the season. Unless Rasmus looks awful or is hurt of course give him at least until mid May as the starter and see what he can do.

After that they can send Santander down and could call up Hays and move Rasmus to more of a bench role. 

Of course Hays could still make the Opening Day roster if the Orioles think he is ready.  Either way that can’t carry both Hays and another LH bat until Santander fulfills his Rule 5 requirement.   Once Santander can be sent down at that point Rasmus could be brought up.  

Can someone refresh my memory?

When Rasmus' name has come up there have seemed to be some negative references about him alluded to, that seems to be more about his character than his stats.  Is there some off field issue with him that I am forgetting?

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Can someone refresh my memory?

When Rasmus' name has come up there have seemed to be some negative references about him alluded to, that seems to be more about his character than his stats.  Is there some off field issue with him that I am forgetting?

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/adam-lind-says-blue-jays-will-smile-more-without-colby-rasmus-111335222.html

But people change and who knows what really was going on. Last year,he stepped away from baseball for personal reasons.

Archived