Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

51 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

The FO of this organization reminds me of a child who claims he's cleaning his room when in reality he's putting one toy away every twenty minutes and goofing off the rest of the time.  

It's just brutal. This organization is so hesitant to do what wins in either direction. PA has always been reluctant to do what's necessary to rebuild at the right times or seemingly make a signing at the right time that puts the team over the top. 

So here we are, with a handful of decent pitchers still on the board at the start of spring training and some "extra money" (I know this is debated)..

And here we are, in need of a LH OF bat with Carlos Gonzalez and Jon Jay out there..

WE DON'T HEAR THE ORIOLES CONNECTED TO ANY OF THEM. 

Colby Rasmus. Scott Feldman. Francisco Liriano ----> They make the Andrew Cashner signing seem impactful. 

And we'll hear coach speak all year long about how the SP needs to be better. I guess what else is Buck supposed to do? 

Post 2018 will be really revealing. Do DD and Buck both jump ship?

I know from Adam Jones' twitter, you can tell he's quite agitated that winning does not seem to be the top priority. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I checked, the Baltimore Sun isn't on the MASN payroll, and there's no pushback from them either on the roster moves.

Executive vice president Dan Duquette looks to improve his roster throughout the year, but after this recent flurry of activity, all indications are that this is the team the Orioles intend to move forward with.

As Duquette said Wednesday, he’d rather see how left-handed Rule 5 draft pick Nestor Cortes Jr. looks than pursue a left-handed pitcher. There’s really one free-agent pitcher with big league experience anyway in Francisco Liriano.
Also, as right-hander Jake Arrieta, Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn remain available, the Orioles have checked in but don’t see a match unless they can be had on deals of no more than two years.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/topic/sports/baseball/dan-duquette-PEBSL001319-topic.html

20 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

The last time I checked, the Baltimore Sun isn't on the MASN payroll, and there's no pushback from them either on the roster moves.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/topic/sports/baseball/dan-duquette-PEBSL001319-topic.html

And at the same time, the Twins are zeroing in on signing Lance Lynn.    Hilarious.  We are supposedly going to be competing in 2018 with the Twins for a wildcard slot and they trade for Odorizzi, aggressively pursue Yu Darvish and now very well may sign Lance Lynn....and we sign  Cashner, Tillman.    What a joke this organization is.    All this nonsense about not being able to compete in big money signings with the Yankees, with the Red Sox, with the Cubs, with the Dodgers.   Well it is pretty clear we can't compete with the Twins either.  

7 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

And at the same time, the Twins are zeroing in on signing Lance Lynn.    Hilarious.  We are supposedly going to be competing in 2018 with the Twins for a wildcard slot and they trade for Odorizzi, aggressively pursue Yu Darvish and now very well may sign Lance Lynn....and we sign  Cashner, Tillman.    What a joke this organization is.    All this nonsense about not being able to compete in big money signings with the Yankees, with the Red Sox, with the Cubs, with the Dodgers.   Well it is pretty clear we can't compete with the Twins either.  

Yep. It's how the money is spent by the "meddler of all meddlers" owner. 

21 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Why didnt the Cardinals make an attempt to keep him?

They also did not trade him, last season, they kept him, and then let him walk?

I thought the Orioles was the only team that didn't trade guys in their walk years? :)

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Why didnt the Cardinals make an attempt to keep him?

They also did not trade him, last season, they kept him, and then let him walk?

I thought the Orioles was the only team that didn't trade guys in their walk years? :)

General observation: You are always defending the O’s at every turn. I don’t recall that staunch position in the past on here. Do you work for the org at all?

On 2/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, FanSince88 said:

The FO of this organization reminds me of a child who claims he's cleaning his room when in reality he's putting one toy away every twenty minutes and goofing off the rest of the time.  

Ha Ha. That is brilliant. Ok I got to clean my room now...back in 20.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:18 AM, cimota said:

Vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson got involved in negotiations, as he did with Andrew Cashner. Manager Buck Showalter also reached out, from what I’ve heard, making it a team effort to retain Tillman.

The Orioles checked on Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, determined that there wasn’t a financial match and moved on from the trio.

To me it sounds like Brady called them as there is no mention of DD in any of the negotiations.  I think DD is pretty much out of the loop these days. 

Looking at real estate in other cities. Working on his resume.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:51 AM, FanSince88 said:

Maybe they're just having the same meetings every day, like a lot of middle managers.

8 am meeting The cost of pitching is too damn high

10 am meeting Chicks dig the long ball

1130 am 2 hour lunch

130ish pm International market-do they speak English?

3 pm Golfing!

:P

Archived