Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Apparently according to Roch, the Orioles are definitely not signing Cobb or Lynn.  Soooo...it looks like the big going for it in 2018 moves turn out to be Cashner, Tillman and a depth outfielder Alex Presley...yippee!  It is going to be a long summer. 

I suspect what Roch wrote is a little misleading.

The Orioles checked on Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, determined that there wasn’t a financial match and moved on from the trio.

To me that just means the O's are not interested in signing them at the prices they are asking.  If their prices come down,  the O's may be interested.

Just now, wildcard said:

I suspect what Roch wrote is a little misleading.

To me that just means the O's where not interested in signing them at the prices they are asking.  If their prices come down,  the O's may be interested.

Right, because the expression "moved on" is full of ambiguity.

7 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm sure Roch is reporting what he heard. Could his team source be lying to him? Sure.

Dan is nothing if not patient.  I would think he will wait to see if their price comes down.   The O's need starters.  They have money.   It just does not make sense to me that Dan "moves on" without them signing somewhere.   He's the kind of guy to wait them out.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Dan is nothing if not patient.  I would think he will wait to see if their price come down.   The O's need starters.  They have money.   It just does not make sense to me that Dan "moves on" without them signing somewhere.   He's the kind of guy to wait them out.

Why do you think they have money?

Just now, weams said:

I do not believe the Orioles would have enough money or any of those three starter under any Circumstance without trading Manny and Trumbo. 

Why?   Their payroll is not close to what it was last year.  Did Angelos all of sudden decide he does not want to win?  I doubt it.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Why?   Their payroll is not close to what it was last year.  Did Angelos all of sudden decide he does not want to win?  I doubt it.

Do you think it is a coincidence that payroll went up at the same time MLB owners were receiving huge payments for the MLBAM selloff?

Archived