Colby Rasmus (Update: O's sign him to minor league deal)

Going Underground

23 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Nah....he is gonna share it, AND the World Series MVP, with Tillman!!! ;) 

The Baseball Gods demand a sacrifice to erase the bad ju-ju.  We can have Feldman back without setting you on fire, but I don't know how we are going to make a sacrifice of Feldman to the Gods without getting in trouble.  So yeah, I'd pass.

We all know that the sacrifice that is needed is Lew Ford. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/22/2018 at 5:50 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Brugman is a dime a dozen player. We can get David Lough if you want that skill set. Heck, Little Yaz might outproduce him. 

Rasmus has upside. He’s probably a 1.5 dWar player in RF with some pop and speed. We’re a better team after signing him. It might not sound sexy but a Rasmus/Gentry platoon in RF could be really good and versatile. 

Circa 2013 that'd really be something! ;)

I like the quote where Rasmus says he wanted to come back because he feels he has something to give back to the game of baseball. As if he feels he has never treated the game fair. Listen, Colby Rasmus is a mega talent that really struggled with maturity. I have a feeling that the kid has grown up, and we are about to see the real Colby Rasmus. If he plays up to his ability for the first time in his career, he is an impact player. This one could become the best deal that DD ever made for the Orioles.

43 minutes ago, theobird said:

I like the quote where Rasmus says he wanted to come back because he feels he has something to give back to the game of baseball. As if he feels he has never treated the game fair. Listen, Colby Rasmus is a mega talent that really struggled with maturity. I have a feeling that the kid has grown up, and we are about to see the real Colby Rasmus. If he plays up to his ability for the first time in his career, he is an impact player. This one could become the best deal that DD ever made for the Orioles.

As a complete aside, I remember there were quite a few folks on here who were positive that Toronto had the better CF in the early 2010s (Rasmus vs. Jones).  I may be more of an orange glasses guy, but there's cetainly a solid "grass is greener" contingent here.

6 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

As a complete aside, I remember there were quite a few folks on here who were positive that Toronto had the better CF in the early 2010s (Rasmus vs. Jones).  I may be more of an orange glasses guy, but there's cetainly a solid "grass is greener" contingent here.

Well, there were some lot of people that 

I’ve warmed up to the Rasmus acquisition over the last few days. Frankly, I hadn’t realized he was such a strong defender — +36 Rdrs, + 16.7 UZR.    If he can give us a .750ish OPS and play above average defensively, I’d consider that a big plus.    I’m not a fan of his low OBP — we didn’t need more of that — but his power should play up at OPACY.    And, he’s cheap and we can jettison him if he doesn’t produce.    Pretty good buffer until Hays is ready, and potentially complementary even once Hays is up here.   

1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Actually, I remember when people were talking about Jones, Rasmus, & Kemp. Most pundits had Jones as the third of the group....ooops!

Archived