Boras Speak

weams

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If one goes down and one gets traded you still have one.

Call Mountcastle up and have him DH.  ;)

32 minutes ago, weams said:

Bats/Throws: R/R

Easy, carry 3 catchers one of which is Chance Sisco who can DH as a LH bat.  Mancini to First.  OR if you decide Sisco isn't a catcher I'd bet he could pick up first base pretty quickly as athletic as people say he is.  

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Or in case they are ineffective.xD

Ha...Pedro replacing Trumbo or Davis just because they are ineffective?  LOL.   How much do they make, 30 million versus whatever Pedro is making?...30 million reasons why they will not be riding no bench.    They would have to get hit by a bus, so to speak, for Pedro to replace them.   Hitting under .200 wouldn't do it. 

4 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

Wow. I’m shocked we’re even in the consideration. With the inevitable loss of most of our core after this year, would anyone throw a 25 million dollar one year deal at Jake with incentives that could reach 30 just to make one last run at this?

I'd much rather have Cobb or Lynn. They be cheaper than Jake. 25 million one year deal for Jake. That's a lot of money. Is Jake worth it? 

34 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Ha...Pedro replacing Trumbo or Davis just because they are ineffective?  LOL.   How much do they make, 30 million versus whatever Pedro is making?...30 million reasons why they will not be riding no bench.    They would have to get hit by a bus, so to speak, for Pedro to replace them.   Hitting under .200 wouldn't do it. 

I was being sarcastic...

6 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

As things stand yes.  If Trumbo were to be traded and Davis were to be injured things might be different no?

I would not think so. I would think he would only start the year as an MLB player if he were the primary catcher. 

Archived