Of the remaining FAs, who do you want? (Excluding obvious starters)

jamalshw

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Jon Jay, but I'm intrigued about Rasmus' power and defense. 

Other than that, maybe a bullpen guy.

But who else are you going to replace with a FA who isn't a SP? The team is pretty set. It's why Trumbo really clogs this roster. Without him, you could maybe get Moustakas on a 1 year deal and let him DH and play 3B every now and then. 

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

But who else are you going to replace with a FA who isn't a SP? The team is pretty set. It's why Trumbo really clogs this roster. Without him, you could maybe get Moustakas on a 1 year deal and let him DH and play 3B every now and then. 

I'd rather have Alvarez on this team than Trumbo.   He could be your lefty DH and they could let Mancini DH against lefties.   Plus, it save you a bunch of $$$.

15 minutes ago, interloper said:

That's my thoughts as well. Next year will be a massive log jam too with Stewart and Mullins coming up. 

9 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I'd rather have Alvarez on this team than Trumbo.   He could be your lefty DH and they could let Mancini DH against lefties.   Plus, it save you a bunch of $$$.

Absolutely. Alvarez makes so much more sense as a regular DH than Trumbo. It's almost like the Orioles know it, too, with how they keep bringing him back. 

10 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

I’d rather have Trumbo on this team than Davis...which is where the real clog on this roster is located.  

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Trumbo and Davis had identical contracts I'd rather have Davis.

yeah, me too, but it is the clog at first AND at DH that really, really limits the roster flexibility.   If Davis with his contract was gone, then Trumbo could play some first, or Alvarez, or Mancini as well as flexing the DH around a bit. 

Archived