MLB Trade Rumors Predicts We Sign CarGo

Rene88

4 hours ago, weams said:

I don't think that is even a consideration. A healthy MiLB season will put him BACK on the radar. 

I agree that Mullins isn't a consideration for a MLB roster spot.

I'll disagree with the second part though, 2017 put him on the radar. Before the season he was an "unknown" low minors guy who turned Buck's head. He made the jump to AA, skipping Frederick and held his own at the plate (hitting better than league average) while playing great defense despite the hamstring injuries. He's already on the radar, he just has some more development needed at the plate. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I agree that Mullins isn't a consideration for a MLB roster spot.

I'll take exception to the second part though, 2017 put him on the radar. Before the season he was an "unknown" low minors guy who turned Buck's head. He made the jump to AA, skipping Frederick and held his own at the plate (hitting better than league average) while playing great defense despite the hamstring injuries. He's already on the radar, he just has some more development needed at the plate. 

If AJ wasn't on the team this year Mullins would be in CF IMO.

11 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I agree with this. Sure CarGo  would be a bit of a hail mary, but to compare him to a a career .242 hitting who willingly quite baseball last season is ridiculous. You all need to start being realistic about Rasmus.  

Both have been in the league for 10 years, Cargo has been worth 23 wins to Rasmus’ 20. They’re closer than you think.

Also, Rasmus was a more valuable player in 2017, the year he walked away from the game mid season and only played in 37 games. Gonzalez was atrocious and has been declining for a while.

MLBTR has been correct so far on five predictions of the 40 players who have signed amongst their Top 50 Free Agents. That would make a .125 batting average. I wouldn't put faith in them correctly predicting Carlos Gonzalez being signed by the Orioles.

12 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

MLBTR has been correct so far on five predictions of the 40 players who have signed amongst their Top 50 Free Agents. That would make a .125 batting average. I wouldn't put faith in them correctly predicting Carlos Gonzalez being signed by the Orioles.

Cargo’s career OPS is 200 points lower away from Coors.  I would rather roll with Rasmus and another right handed bat.  

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cargo’s career OPS is 200 points lower away from Coors.  I would rather roll with Rasmus and another right handed bat.  

As usual, playing in Colorado makes people believe a guy is much better than he really is. According to fangraphs, rasmus has been worth 6.4 wins the last 4 years combined. During that same time period, Gonzalez has been worth 3.8. BR has it 7 to 4.5, also in favor of Rasmus.

5 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

As usual, playing in Colorado makes people believe a guy is much better than he really is. According to fangraphs, rasmus has been worth 6.4 wins the last 4 years combined. During that same time period, Gonzalez has been worth 3.8. BR has it 7 to 4.5, also in favor of Rasmus.

I was suprised to see how much Rasmus’ defense has been worth.   About 6-7 wins better than CarGo over his career.   

On 3/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, murph said:

That is ugly, but has there been some statistical evidence that some of the extreme splits normalize when hitters are no longer playing all their home games in Colorado?

Remember when Andres Galarraga went to Colorado just as offenses went totally nuts, and he hit .370 one year?  Then he went to Atlanta and everyone assumed he'd go back to the .750 OPS he put up before, especially since he was 37?  And he posted a near-1.000 OPS for the Braves?  In retrospect he was probably freebasing industrial horse steroids, but I guess there could be another explanation.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Remember when Andres Galarraga went to Colorado just as offenses went totally nuts, and he hit .370 one year?  Then he went to Atlanta and everyone assumed he'd go back to the .750 OPS he put up before, especially since he was 37?  And he posted a near-1.000 OPS for the Braves?  In retrospect he was probably freebasing industrial horse steroids, but I guess there could be another explanation.

Not everybody is Garrett Atkins.

21 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Not everybody is Garrett Atkins.

Atkins had been going downhill for years before he ever got to Baltimore:  .965/.853/.780/.650 OPS in Colorado.    CarGo has dropped off, but not as drastically as Atkins.    He’s much better than Atkins, but I still don’t want him.  

Archived