Welp, are we officially worried about Bundy?

interloper

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I could dig up a dozen examples of guys who got lit up in the spring and then had lousy seasons, and another dozen examples of guys who got lit up in the spring and then had very good seasons (like Bundy last year).     And, I could provide a dozen examples of guys who dazzled in the spring and then stunk once the games started to count.    So, it’s just tough to know when to make something of spring training performances or not.    

One thing I do believe is that the early spring appearances are less meaningful than the later ones.    So, I’d be patient with Bundy, especially considering what happened last year.

All true. Still worried.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Meanwhile, Manny is hitting .615 and slugging 1.231 this spring. What shall we conclude from that?

o

Cut those numbers in half, and I'll be thrilled if he does that over the course of about 155 games during the regular season ........ a .307 Batting Average, a .615 slugging percentage.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Cut those numbers in half, and I'll be thrilled if he does that over the course of about 155 games during the regular season ........ a .307 Batting Average, a .615 slugging percentage.

o

His agent would be even more thrilled.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Meanwhile, Manny is hitting .615 and slugging 1.231 this spring.   What shall we conclude from that?

Kinda seriously, does a hot Manny get traded now for those two SP?  And also seriously...what is the last day that someone could trade for Manny and still get the pick if he signs elsewhere next year.

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Meanwhile, Manny is hitting .615 and slugging 1.231 this spring.   What shall we conclude from that?

Early for conclusions but it is an indication that he is focused and will have a career year.

6 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Early for conclusions but it is an indication that he is focused and will have a career year.

I would enjoy watching that, whether or not he’ll be with us in 2018.    A career year from Manny would be pretty spectacular to witness.    And might carry this team further than some think it can go.  

2 hours ago, Ripken said:

:)  It's March 2nd and the guy is guaranteed a rotation spot.  Let him work on things, while not giving max effort/performance.  Focus on being healthy and ready for April.  Nothing else matters.

I am not worried about him.

Archived