A few thoughts as spring training starts to get serious

Frobby

My three big takes on ST so far,

1.  Sisco is going to rake this year. Maybe leadoff by May. 

2. Harvey might be ready, but Castro has earned the first month.  We are going to be following Harvey real close. He’s added the cutter and needs to work on the change. 

3.  Santander isn’t an obligation. He’s one of our 5 best OF’s. 

The most positive thing I see from the spring is that we have good young players at C and OF.  Also Gordo is right.  I like the Valencia/Avarez platoon at DH more than Trumbo especially since Valencia can stitch together a few games at 3B, 1B and COF.  And Mancini can give you plenty of production at 1B.

The pitching staff... still hard for me to say.  Bundy pitched a lot better today, can't argue with that.

My optimism is more of a 3 right now -- still don't see a way the team gets any better than 3rd place in the Division and behind the 2nd Wild Card, be it Minnesota, LA or Texas.  With Cobb, I too would add 2 points to my attitude for a solid 5.

I’m in Florida now and will be at the games this weekend.   I’m feeling good about the recent outings of Gausman and Cashner, and I’m disappointed to be seeing Wright today instead of Bundy.    Tomorrow I assume I’ll get a first hand look at Tillman.   In any event, I’m looking forward to seeing some baseball!

• Upvote 1