John Angelos and Brady taking over? (note on Boras as well)

O's are Legends

Very interesting.    This organization is such a mess.    So maybe Brady doesn’t want the GM job, but who else will want it knowing Brady is always looking over his shoulder and popping in and out at will?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Very interesting.    This organization is such a mess.    So maybe Brady doesn’t want the GM job, but who else will want it knowing Brady is always looking over his shoulder and popping in and out at will?

They just need to find another guy who has been out of baseball for 10 years.  

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe it means that Buck gets a Mike Scioscia role after this season with Brady executing the decisions???

Man, I hate nepotism and “who you know” promotions.   It never works.    If this is where we are going, we are not going to be a winning organization.   Too bad that seeking out and grooming fresh, young assistant GM talent to then lead the organization has not been a priority. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Not a lot of things happening this off-season other than the Cashner signing.  I wouldn't be too excited about the John Angelos and Brady Anderson combo.  I am not sure why they don't just promote Brady now if that is the plan going forward.  Why let DD have to suffer through this.  I am sure it will be hard enough to get another quality GM without the Orioles making a mockery of the GM title once again. 

DD is doing all the little things. Like the article said, Brady doesn’t want work behind a desk all day. 

I have no idea what the future holds, but I think Weams is right in his assessment of J Angelos, and I can tell you for a fact that he has respected Brady's insights for years now.  Nothing new there.

Weams, I thought you abandoned us to join the Red Sox bullpen, but then I realized that the jersey said WeEms.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

DD is doing all the little things. Like the article said, Brady doesn’t want work behind a desk all day. 

Then the Orioles have to hire a Jim Duquette type like when Flanagan was sort of the GM.  This isn't going to end well.  Hope the rumors of the team getting sold come to fruition.  

Archived