Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2018

OFFNY

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis won’t face Gonzalez tonight, according to Showalter, but not because of the left-left matchup. Showalter said the opposing pitcher isn’t a factor. It comes down to when Davis and the crew working with him say he’s ready.

Whatever happens upon his return, no one can accuse Davis of not putting in the necessary hours, including his workout Monday at Camden Yards during the off-day. Anyone curious to see the new model?

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/more-roster-changes-coming-for-orioles.html

Nice one Mr. Oriole PR director.You said he put in all this work over the winter months but I guess you really didn't mean it then. I think Mr. Palmer voided yuor argument then. So why did it take 2 months into the season to finally get him to work at a change? Forced into a corner or what? Necessary hours should have been before the season not two months in .

Is Davis working with 2 Live Crew?

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))))) (vs. NATIONALS, 6/20)

Trey Mancini - LF

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - SS

Danny Valencia - 3B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Mark Trumbo - 1B

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

Craig Gentry - RF

Andrew Burton Cashner - RHP ) (2-8, 4.98 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Giovany Aramis Gonzalez - LHP ) (6-3, 3.01 ERA) ) *

*  )) He's a real son-of-a-bitch.

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Caleb is starting against a lefty?

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))))) (vs. NATIONALS, 6/21)

Jace Peterson - LF

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - SS

Mark Trumbo - 1B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Colby Rasmus - RF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

STEPHEN BEATY WILKERSO3B

K.J. Gausman - RHP ) (3-6, 4.48 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Maxwell M. Scherzer - RHP ) (10-3, 2.06 ERA) ) *

*  )) Leads the Major Leagues in Strikeouts (152), Strikeouts-Per-9 Innings (13.589), CG-Shutouts (1), and FIP (1.94), and Leads the National League in Wins (10), Complete Games (1), Innings Pitched (100.67), WHIP (0.844), and Strikeouts-to-Walks Ratio (6.609)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Sure does look like a team at the very beginning of a rebuilding process. Lots of 4A types. No prospects. 

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I guess one benefit of benching Davis for a while was to ease him down into the #8 slot in the lineup. I hope it's not only because he'll be facing a lefty.

In my opinion the main benefit of benching Davis was not having to watch him bat.

I think of it as a service to the fans.

32 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I guess one benefit of benching Davis for a while was to ease him down into the #8 slot in the lineup. I hope it's not only because he'll be facing a lefty.

He's 7th, which is where he batted vs lefties before the "re-tooling".

Archived