Welp, Are We Officially Worried About Brach?

MagicBird

What's with O'Day hitting 2 people?

Actually, it's kinda funny.  In his recent history he's performed better in years where he's hit more batters.   He had 8 HBP in 2014 for example and 5 the following year.........both years he had sub 2.00 ERAs.

In '16 and '17 he hit fewer guys but the results weren't quite as good (still not terrible though).

Probably all coincidence though.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

What's with O'Day hitting 2 people?

Actually, it's kinda funny.  In his recent history he's performed better in years where he's hit more batters.   He had 8 HBP in 2014 for example and 5 the following year.........both years he had sub 2.00 ERAs.

In '16 and '17 he hit fewer guys but the results weren't quite as good (still not terrible though).

Probably all coincidence though.

Buck was saying it was the cold weather. I think both were just grazing the jerseys. 

Hit as many as he likes, just get outs with it. I was glad he hit enough people so he had to face the tough part of the lineup.

35 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

What's the consensus? Do folks think Brach will still get the majority of save chances until Britton comes back? He seems to have settle down since that first outing...

Asking as an Orioles fan and as a fantasy baseball team owner ;) 

I absolutely expect him to be our closer on most occasions.    

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I expect him to, not convinced he should.

My reaction is, shrug.    None of the other candidates is flawless either.     They’re all going to pitch a lot in close games, and will have opportunities to protect narrow leads, whether it’s the 9th or some other inning.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

My reaction is, shrug.    None of the other candidates is flawless either.     They’re all going to pitch a lot in close games, and will have opportunities to protect narrow leads, whether it’s the 9th or some other inning.    

Shrug? There’s a thread that takes aim at certain players lack of passion. May I suggest throwing some furniture in your home to give you a little spark?

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

What's the consensus? Do folks think Brach will still get the majority of save chances until Britton comes back? He seems to have settle down since that first outing...

Asking as an Orioles fan and as a fantasy baseball team owner ;) 

Yup Bucks a DIE HARD ONE CLOSER save guy unless Brach is hurt he gets'em

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree. We all thought Givens was the best option for closer but he can't stop giving up the homer and his slider command has abandoned him so far. Brach is still down a tick or two (mostly 93-94 last night), but he's getting a lot of movement regardless. I might prefer O'Day closing, but he runs into his own issues sometimes too. 

This is why I wanted to sign Holland, as unrealistic as that was. We really need one more reliable piece in the bullpen. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

So, how’s Givens looking to you as the potential closer?

I thought Brach looked good last night.    Maxed out at 95.4, sat 94 and threw some nasty change-ups.   

Givens does not look good right now.  I would personally be using Oday in high leverage situations right now as he has looked the best of the bunch.  I understand that you can't switch opinions based on one appearance.  If Brach has figured things out (he looked good last time out) then awesome!  Brach however had not looked good to that point and he would not have been my closer until he showed he had figured it out.  

Archived