This team needs to start acting like they care.

amdcpus

I want to see Santander screaming at the ground after grounding out softly for the 20th time in a row, I want to see Mancini going crazy in the clubhouse breaking any object in sight after going 0-3 and costing the team 2 runs on an error, I want to see Davis snapping his bat in two after striking out for the 5th time in a row, I want to see Wright screaming at Buck after he cost them the game by taking out the dominant pitcher for some Rule 5 hacks. This team needs some emotion and passion and need to start acting like they care.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the team should act like they care, but I disagree that classic rage outbursts a la steroid users would be the proper expression of that caring.

I'd be perfectly fine with them yelling a cuss word when they give up a grand slam, or something like that. But I don't want to see our guys get fined/ejected for equipment violations, or start causing bench-clearing brawls with the other team.

Besides, they only have themselves to be mad at. Being mad would look childish if it's your fault you made a bad play. It's OK to be mad if someone else wronged you, like the Dozier fiasco, or if an umpire blows a call and you can't overturn it (like, 3 consecutive really bad strike calls or something). Then you can rage.

So far the umps haven't screwed us terribly.

Opposing teams haven't, either. Nobody's been drilled in the head with a fastball and sent to the ER. Nobody's charged the mound with an Oriole pitcher on it and started throwing punches.

Our own players' poor play and ineptitude is what is causing them to lose. They only have themselves to be mad at. They can show some fire without acting like children.

Manny hustled into 2nd when the centerfielder bobbled the ball.

Schoop busted his ass beating out a throw at first in the 9th inning down by 4.

Wright kept his cool in several tough situations and worked his way out of them.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Manny hustled into 2nd when the centerfielder bobbled the ball.

Schoop busted his ass beating out a throw at first in the 9th inning down by 4.

Wright kept his cool in several tough situations and worked his way out of them.

o

The team came from behind against one of the best pitchers in baseball (Justin Verlander.) And then tied the game after falling behind again against the Astros' bullpen.

o

I also want to see Cortes' smug face kicked off the team for blowing the game as well as Rasmus DFAed for being a failure. If the locker room isn't destroyed when Buck shows up tomorrow morning, then something's wrong with the motivation of the team.

3 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

I also want to see Cortes' smug face kicked off the team for blowing the game, as well as Rasmus DFA'd for being a failure. If the locker room isn't destroyed when Buck shows up tomorrow morning, then something's wrong with the motivation of the team.

o

Trying to top your previous effort ???

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Trying to top your previous effort ???

o

Everything I said in that thread was correct. Cortes was a disaster, Castro has been abysmal in the limited opportunities he's been given as a starter, and while Wright turned in a respectable performance, it is very unlikely he will sustain it. There's really no downside to bringing him in at the vet minimum on a minor league deal, if he blows, then just DFA him.

1 minute ago, amdcpus said:

Everything I said in that thread was correct. Cortes was a disaster, Castro has been abysmal in the limited opportunities he's been given as a starter, and while Wright turned in a respectable performance, it is very unlikely he will sustain it. There's really no downside to bringing him in at the vet minimum on a minor league deal, if he blows, then just DFA him.

o

Between advocating bringing back Ubaldo Jimenez and professing to have the Orioles players destroy the locker room to "show that they care", you appear to be trying to get a reaction out of people.

For what reason, I have no idea.

o

59 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

I want to see Santander screaming at the ground after grounding out softly for the 20th time in a row, I want to see Mancini going crazy in the clubhouse breaking any object in sight after going 0-3 and costing the team 2 runs on an error, I want to see Davis snapping his bat in two after striking out for the 5th time in a row, I want to see Wright screaming at Buck after he cost them the game by taking out the dominant pitcher for some Rule 5 hacks. This team needs some emotion and passion and need to start acting like they care.

So you want Wright, a guy who barely made the team, with little to no history of ML success, to scream at his manager, arguably one of the best in the business?

You've certainly got me interested.

This is the worst constructed roster in a long time. Three Rule 5 guys. Four non roster invitees, and two guys that are done(Davis, Tillman).

I give Buck a break on the pen usage last night.  He knew we had zero chance and just got the “A” relievers some work in after Tillman came out.  

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken poop. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the worst constructed roster in a long time. Three Rule 5 guys. Four non roster invitees, and two guys that are done(Davis, Tillman).

I give Buck a break on the pen usage last night.  He knew we had zero chance and just got the “A” relievers some work in after Tillman came out.  

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken poop. 

Five games ago you predicted that the Orioles were going to make the wildcard an win 88 games.  

Archived