Cortes is DFA'd, Ramirez brought up

Tony-OH

I remember not liking this move although apparently not on this thread. Cortes had too good of a resume to get rid of so quickly. I get it, with these soft tossing lefties it can be extremely difficult to predict which ones will have success and Cortes did not do well until last year. Just checked his stats and in the early-going he is #1 in MLB with -.22 FIP. I can't recall ever seeing negative FIP before.

For what it's worth, Yefry Ramirez is still in the game as AAA deep depth for the Dodgers. 

Yeah, he seems to have found success.

But don't forget that the Yankees gave up on him after getting him back, trading him to the Mariners after the 2019 season for future considerations. It was only after the Mariners gave up on him after the 2020 season and he signed with the Yankees prior to last season as a 26-year-old free agent with a career ERA of 6.72 and a WHIP of 1.709 that he has looked like a big leaguer. 

Tough to blame the O's for not recognizing that he would turn into a usable pitcher 3 years later. The Orioles or any other team could have signed him prior to last season and didn't do so.

• Upvote 2