Mark Trumbo 2018

Frobby

I know many folks here are just assuming Trumbo is Davis II and will be just as bad as last year or worse.    But to my eye in the very limited sample this week, his swing looks better and he seems to be seeing the ball well.    7 for 21 so far in 5 games and a fair amount of solid contact.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know many folks here are just assuming Trumbo is Davis II and will be just as bad as last year or worse.    But to my eye in the very limited sample this week, his swing looks better and he seems to be seeing the ball well.    7 for 21 so far in 5 games and a fair amount of solid contact.

Hopefully he has a strong first half and we can move him at the deadline.   We can get out of contract and then have a rotating DH next season with Davis, Mancini and give guys days here and there off as DH.  If we have to eat some money for next year so be it.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I've noticed the same thing. Fingers crossed. If he can have a good couple of months maybe we can move him at the TD.

Trumbo has been a breath of fresh air, quite frankly. I don't like seeing him in the field, but he looks like a professional hitter out there. His bat looks quick to the ball, and he is adding some protection to the lineup.

The problem is that Davis should be making Trumbo redundant. And he's not. 

58 minutes ago, Aglets said:

ugh, dude was hitting well after being activated.  Just had a bad game.   Guess that means we have to cut him.

I've been encouraged by Turmbo's play coming off the DL.  If Trumbo keeps hitting well, Buck needs to slide Trumbo over to first base and bench Davis.  

17 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I've been encouraged by Turmbo's play coming off the DL.  If Trumbo keeps hitting well, Buck needs to slide Trumbo over to first base and bench Davis.  

That would be the equivalent of telling someone to disown his first born son. Buck is stubborn. The more the public calls for benching Davis the more likely Buck is to continue to play him. And as bad as Davis is, I'm not sure we even have a serviceable defensive alternative at 1B. Whoever constructed this roster is probably in the wrong line of work. 

6 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

That would be the equivalent of telling someone to disown his first born son. Buck is stubborn. The more the public calls for benching Davis the more likely Buck is to continue to play him. And as bad as Davis is, I'm not sure we even have a serviceable defensive alternative at 1B. Whoever constructed this roster is probably in the wrong line of work. 

Hard to be a functional organization when owenership, Dan Duquette, Brady Anderson and Buck are all weighing in with their opinions and vision for the franchise.  

Number one thing that needs to get done is the Orioles need one person in charge and making the final decision on all roster moves.  It's more important than trading Manny.  

Archived