Tillman starting Thursday

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Aglets said:

Those guys were at least bounced from the rotation at various times last year.   Also it's a lot harder to replace 3 guys in a rotation than it is to replace one.  Plus Tillman's contract is not that substantial............plus he's been terrible for over a full season now..................there are just so many reasons to end this disaster.

I’ll give you another reason: there are incentives in his contract that start kicking in at 125 innings.   He’s in no danger of reaching that number in the next couple of months, but conceivably could get there by September if we keep throwing him out there.  

End the misery. DFA Tillman, please! Tillman, Wright, O'Day for four years, Reimold: If these really are Brady's projects, how could he possibly be considered for future GM?

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ll give you another reason: there are incentives in his contract that start kicking in at 125 innings.   He’s in no danger of reaching that number in the next couple of months, but conceivably could get there by September if we keep throwing him out there.  

Yeah, one inning at a time, right?  Can you name another team in the majors that would keep a clunker like him in the starting lineup for 7 starts at 10.+ ERA? I'd bring up any of the starting 5 on AAA before I let him keep his locker.

Morale in the clubhouse must be as foul as all get up. This team reminds me of  1988 ; Jay Tibbs anybody? How about Ken Gerhart ? Winning 54 games might end up being  the goal, I'd hate like heck to see them win less than 40.  

Archived