Buck losing the Clubhouse?

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team is awful and everyone involved, looking from the outside, or really just anyone knows there are more problems than potential solutions and the next few seasons could be really bleak.  If those seasons arent used to do a serious rebuild those bleak years become a bleak decade in the best case scenario.  Of course theres finger pointing but I would bet good money the bigger issue is players checking out.  And when everyone is checked out the young players and prospects who are getting their early at bats and innings pitched are set up for even more failure.  

This dumpster fire is only going to get worse, in the short term at least. 

Ugh.  I wonder who is upset with him.  Has to be the vets right?    I doubt anyone would care if Chance Sisco was upset.

I'm guessing Jones......Manny.........Schoop.......wonder if Caleb Joseph has a fan club in the locker room.

Of course when you're 14-32, there will be finger-pointing. However, there's not one single player on this team who can honestly say this debacle is someone else's fault. Everyone has contributed to the 32 losses. 

Stranded 14 runners yesterday.  No one can hit the !@#$%%^ ball when it matters most. Only good news is you can't blame yesterday's embarrassment on Davis. 

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Ugh.  I wonder who is upset with him.  Has to be the vets right?    I doubt anyone would care if Chance Sisco was upset.

I'm guessing Jones......Manny.........Schoop.......wonder if Caleb Joseph has a fan club in the locker room.

Manny is probably upset by the poor defense we've seen at shortstop this season and Jones is upset about the lack of production from the center fielder.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Everyone still on the team who was there for the play-in game in Toronto is upset with him.

A couple thoughts:

-Jerry Coleman has always struck me as an ambulance chasing weasel, so I dunno how much stock I put in his report

-Losing, especially as much as the O's are losing, always brings out the worst in people, to include players, coaches, and fans.  I'm sure patience is being tried and everyone is on edge with everyone, to include the players with each other, with coaches, and with the FO.  It's just a toxic environment.

26 minutes ago, Whammer said:

Of course when you're 14-32, there will be finger-pointing. However, there's not one single player on this team who can honestly say this debacle is someone else's fault. Everyone has contributed to the 32 losses. 

Stranded 14 runners yesterday.  No one can hit the !@#$%%^ ball when it matters most. Only good news is you can't blame yesterday's embarrassment on Davis. 

Right.  That's not Buck's fault, nor is it Scott Coolbaugh's.  The players need to look at themselves in the mirror.

This has to be his last year in the dugout with us.  It's just not working.  On pretty much all levels.  And I think the Davis and Tillman, and Ubaldo situation the last two years are cause of any and all influence he's lost in the clubhouse, more-so than the one time ill-fated Ubaldo playoff incident.  A manager's first duty, is to put his team in the best position to win each and every game, and by playing these guys over and over and over, despite very large sample sizes that indicate they are below average major league players is a violation of that first duty.

I appreciate all he did here to bring some winning back to Baltimore, but it's over and he's worn out his welcome.

1 minute ago, joelala said:

This has to be his last year in the dugout with us.  It's just not working.  On pretty much all levels.  And I think the Davis and Tillman, and Ubaldo situation the last two years are cause of any and all influence he's lost in the clubhouse, more-so than the one time ill-fated Ubaldo playoff incident.  A manager's first duty, is to put his team in the best position to win each and every game, and by playing these guys over and over and over, despite very large sample sizes that indicate they are below average major league players is a violation of that first duty.

I appreciate all he did here to bring some winning back to Baltimore, but it's over and he's worn out his welcome.

If I were Buck I'd be glad to be gone. 

Archived