Buck losing the Clubhouse?

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This stuff comes to the forefront when a team is losing. Im sure even when the O's were winning not everyone was on the same page. With Jones and Machado and Britton in their last year, it almost doesn't matter what they think of Buck anymore, especially when they play on a last place team (one that hopefully stays in last so they can get the #1 pick.) Jospeh being demoted could have upset some pitchers. Bundy and Gausman and some bullpens guy like Givens. No one else on the staff really has any tenure to complain, do they?

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Brady has a locker.

But how often is he still dressing? I cant imagine its more than a once every blue moon occurrence, unless he's out taking infield and BP every game. I doubt it.  

3 hours ago, 24fps said:

Doubly hilarious if Chris Davis is one of them.

Yeah, I was going to say I’ve heard that Chris Davis has lost all confidence in Buck.    Chris Tillman, too.

If you had a GM who wasn’t a lame duck, he could go to ownership and say “the manager has lost the clubhouse and I recommend firing him.”    But how does that work in this crazy organization?

It’s a shame that a fun era of Orioles baseball is ending on such an extremely sour note.    

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I was going to say I’ve heard that Chris Davis has lost all confidence in Buck.    Chris Tillman, too.

If you had a GM who wasn’t a lame duck, he could go to ownership and say “the manager has lost the clubhouse and I recommend firing him.”    But how does that work in this crazy organization?

It’s a shame that a fun era of Orioles baseball is ending on such an extremely sour note.    

I find it more interesting watching this dumpster fire than I would just a normal bad team.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's a shame but not a surprise.  The foundation for this ending was laid a couple of years ago as we've all discussed endlessly.  I'll reserve judgement on the notion that Buck has actually "lost the clubhouse"  when I start hearing it reported a little less opportunistically than is now the case.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I find it more interesting watching this dumpster fire than I would just a normal bad team.

Well, you are a very detached and ironic kind of fan.    I really hate seeing the guys who were centerpieces of the team’s success now be such a big part of its failure.    

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

It's a shame but not a surprise.  The foundation for this ending was laid a couple of years ago as we've all discussed endlessly.  I'll reserve judgement on the notion that Buck has actually "lost the clubhouse"  when I start hearing it reported a little less opportunistically than is now the case.

I'm sure Roch is on the story!

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, you are a very detached and ironic kind of fan.    I really hate seeing the guys who were centerpieces of the team’s success now be such a big part of its failure.    

Don't get me wrong I prefer winning.

But if you are going to lose, be interesting.

Archived