Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is - Is any adjustment going to have a chance when Davis can't seem to tell what's a ball and what's a strike.  I don't think I've ever seen a batter who seems to be such a poor judge of the strike zone.  

48 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Not cool Davis, you have an obligation to put in more when you're getting paid $160M guaranteed.  And Buck siding with Davis and commenting on this at all is disgusting.  

Didn’t spend a lot of time with Coolbaugh doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t spend a lot of time in the cage.    I’m not saying he did, but maybe. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Didn’t spend a lot of time with Coolbaugh doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t spend a lot of time in the cage.    I’m not saying he did, but maybe. 

Davis might have done a lot of work on his own, but there seems to be no change in his approach in the slightest.  I want to see Davis do what Ripken did and keep adjusting his batting stance until something clicks.  

At this point the damage is probably too great to turn it around.  Davis is like the hitting version of Rick Ankiel.  

Davis has not done crap except blame everybody else around him including NOW the damn umpires every time he looks at one down the middle.

Like I said before he's damn lucky he's not a Yankee the NY Media would have shredded this weak minded guy like a lawn mower on grass.

He's been handled with KID GLOVES here!

I thank Mr. Palmer for telling it like it is.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wow.  That was even more pointed than his words last night, IMO.  He flat out said he's not working hard enough to get better.  Wow.  He inferred it last night, but there it is in plain English.

1 hour ago, brooksfrankjim said:

Different stance today.  Lower hands bat on shoulder.  Amazing

It's a shame that Palmer's comments basically shamed him into trying something different, and even more of a shame that he's only doing it as a "Fine, FY" type of gesture, IMO.  I doubt it sticks.

25 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Thing is - Is any adjustment going to have a chance when Davis can't seem to tell what's a ball and what's a strike.  I don't think I've ever seen a batter who seems to be such a poor judge of the strike zone.  

He hasn't really been the same since the adderall incident, IMO.  He was seeing the ball just fine for a while.

6 minutes ago, esmd said:

It's a shame that Palmer's comments basically shamed him into trying something different, and even more of a shame that he's only doing it as a "Fine, FY" type of gesture, IMO.  I doubt it sticks.

Its a shame SOMEBODY didn't say it SOONER  JMHO

4 minutes ago, esmd said:

No argument from me on that.

You know what might be worse that Buck treats this guy like he's some little league kid.

Oh it OK Chris don't worry I'll play you tomorrow too, we'll get'em then.

Grow up boys like Buck has said many time this is MLB its tuff up here.

It's time to put or shut up.

9 minutes ago, esmd said:

It's a shame that Palmer's comments basically shamed him into trying something different, and even more of a shame that he's only doing it as a "Fine, FY" type of gesture, IMO.  I doubt that it will stick.

o

You could say that Palmer is still "pitching" for the Orioles.

o

1 hour ago, TouchemAll said:

You know what might be worse that Buck treats this guy like he's some little league kid.

Oh it OK Chris don't worry I'll play you tomorrow too, we'll get'em then.

Grow up boys like Buck has said many time this is MLB its tuff up here.

It's time to put or shut up.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of “want to” with Davis. 

Archived