Carfado: Dan is Doing the Re-Build

weams

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

This probably fluctuates with the day of the week. 

Maybe they looked at all the recent missteps and figured Dan is the most qualified. Then again who really knows. 

Plus who else is there to answer the phone? Brady is deep thinking somewhere, Buck has a day job, and Klentak works for the Phillies.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Title seems kind of misleading? The relevant quote from the original article is this:

So, indicating that Duquette will be the one making the trades themselves, but not any hard news on what type of rebuild the team will allow, or when. 

I think it is ok. I think that anyone who thinks the orioles are not starting their rebuild in about 12 seconds is mistaken. 

Tomorrow being Memorial Day, the Orioles should officially be open for business on trade market. We should have an office-pool on when and where Manny goes. It will be a sad day and was totally avoidable at one point but this is how the Orioles roll.  

5 minutes ago, MMussina35 said:

Tomorrow being Memorial Day, the Orioles should officially be open for business on trade market. We should have an office-pool on when and where Manny goes. It will be a sad day and was totally avoidable at one point but this is how the Orioles roll.  

By the end of June. To a National League Central team. 

3 hours ago, andrewochs615 said:

If Machado is traded I am sure Jones will not be happy and he may demand a trade

I think of the .321 winning percentage isn't bothering him trading Machado won't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Plus who else is there to answer the phone? Brady is deep thinking somewhere, Buck has a day job, and Klentak works for the Phillies.

Brady thinks?  I thought he just spends all day on amazon prime looking up “anti aging” products. 

36 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Brady thinks?  I thought he just spends all day on amazon prime looking up “anti aging” products. 

Well, he did when he was a Double Naught Spy. But he’s got his sights on the next fun thing.  Something that doesn’t include too many details and still allows him to wear a gen-u-INE uniform. 

Nvzdw1F.jpg

• There have been questions about the Orioles’ power structure, a group that includes general manager Dan Duquette, manager Buck Showalter, VP Brady Anderson and ownership (Peter Angelos and his two sons), but signs are pointing to Duquette making the calls this summer, per Cafardo. Based on Cafardo’s report, Duquette will run point on a potential Manny Machadotrade, one that could provide long-term benefits for the Orioles if the GM secures the right talent in return. Whether Duquette will continue in his post beyond this season remains unclear, though, given that his contract’s set to expire and the O’s look primed to begin a rebuild.

So allegedly Duquette would handle the Manny trade? I guess just like he handled the Britton trade! LOL

Archived