19 games under

gtman55

With the next series against the Nationals, we could be 22 games under .500. At what point does this ownership group wake up and start making moves? Trade players for prospects. Bring up some minor league guys. At this point, I'd rather watch an Orioles team of up and coming young players than the crap I'm watching right now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

With the next series against the Nationals, we could be 22 games under .500. At what point does this ownership group wake up and start making moves? Trade players for prospects. Bring up some minor league guys. At this point, I'd rather watch an Orioles team of up and coming young players than the crap I'm watching right now.

I would go with that. 

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I don't want our young prospects in this cesspool. Play the year out with this current cast of misfits and then clean house in October.

I agreed. I'm not blaming anyone in particular...I just don't want a bunch of young impressionable players on this team. 

New manager and coaches along with some "fresh" faces, and then some rookies.

3 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Gtman55,

Oh ye of little faith. Have you forgotten something?  

We we are going for it. Our manager and GM and MLB’s only untethered power broker are all on top of this situation. There’s more than 100 games left. Buck DD and Brady have everyone right where they want em. We are just not smart enough to see the brilliance. 

Blinded by the light. 

57 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Gtman55,

We we are going for it. Our manager and GM and MLB’s only untethered power broker are all on top of this situation. There’s more than 100 games left. Buck DD and Brady have everyone right where they want em. We are just not smart enough to see the brilliance. 

Blinded by the light. 

I assume that is sarcasm. One question. How did Brady go from a player conditioning guru to Angelos's most trusted advisor? I guess we're doomed. 

1 hour ago, gtman55 said:

I assume that is sarcasm. One question. How did Brady go from a player conditioning guru to Angelos's most trusted advisor? I guess we're doomed. 

Peter Angelos seems to believe that having organizational spies is a prudent management strategy.  Evidently Brady is open to filling that role.  Not sure about Brady's philosophical leanings or if he even has them, perhaps he's simply an opportunist.  It doesn't matter in the end though.  

If the Angelos sons see fit to continue that "tradition" then the best people in the industry will only use the Orioles as a stepping stone.  The worst will see it as a place to put down roots.  Time to choose sides Brady.

#1 with a bullet--for #1 draft pick next year.  I agree the O's should start releasing dead wood like Tillman and Wright, and promoting prospects who look ready, and making trades with solid returns if possible.  Trading Manny will probably require the O's waiting until closer to the deadline.  I'm almost expecting the O's to screw that up somehow.

10 hours ago, foxfield said:

Gtman55,

Blinded by the light. 

9 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Well, yes it is sarcasm but....it is the official position too...and of course, the plan is working swimmingly well, that is why no one has been fired.

Sarcasm?  Sure, but I am tired of no one being accountable.

Archived