19 games under

gtman55

7 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Been banging the drum on this for years. LaCava told Angelos this. Scouts are dirt cheap, makes zero sense.

Scouts are dirt cheap, so is the talent.  Yes there are the guys that go for a million or so, but there are also the guys that are in the 100k range.  There's no good reason not to do it. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Looks like my 22 games under prediction might be coming true. Wow we are bad.

It looks good today, but your prediction is in trouble. For you to be correct this team has to play almost .500 ball for 100+ games. Now If you said 20 games under at Memorial Day, well you’d have been laughed off of here, but today you’d be the cock of the walk baby!!!

?

13 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

The job security for that kind of play is what disheartens me the most. 

This. Where is the accountability?

12 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I understand what you are saying but I worry that once Buck is gone who would take over? The grass is not always greener on the other side. Not everyone can work for Angelos. We could get someone a lot worse. 

We were 3 games out of the playoffs on Labor Day. Since then we are 32 games under .500. The reason the grass looks greener is cause your standing in dirt, surrounded by a cesspool.

We are going for it and have performed worse than the 5 or 6 teams who are openly tanking.  

Think about that. The Miami Marlins traded everything they have to reduce payroll and try to get the #1 pick. They are trying to lose. And they are accidentally winning at a clip that is higher than the Orioles. 

Action speaks louder than words. Accountability!

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

This. Where is the accountability?

We were 3 games out of the playoffs on Labor Day. Since then we are 32 games under .500. The reason the grass looks greener is cause your standing in dirt, surrounded by a cesspool.

We are going for it and have performed worse than the 5 or 6 teams who are openly tanking.  

Think about that. The Miami Marlins traded everything they have to reduce payroll and try to get the #1 pick. They are trying to lose. And they are accidentally winning at a clip that is higher than the Orioles. 

Action speaks louder than words. Accountability!

I think the goal was to cut payroll.  I'm not sure that the #1 pick was a priority.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the goal was to cut payroll.  I'm not sure that the #1 pick was a priority.

That’s fair I guess. But they have certainly given the impression they would like a “new” cheap star to build the future. And it is clear they were not...”going for it”...and it’s clear they have won accidentally or not, more than the Orioles. 

16 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

But Earl would kick a few lunch tables over and get someone to start a fight. That might get some asses moving.

And then they'd have to suspend or fire him. He and Billy Martin and Alvin Dark--another generation whose time has passed, despite all the wins they brought.

14 hours ago, foxfield said:

It looks good today, but your prediction is in trouble. For you to be correct this team has to play almost .500 ball for 100+ games. Now If you said 20 games under at Memorial Day, well you’d have been laughed off of here, but today you’d be the cock of the walk baby!!!

?

What exactly are you talking about? All I said in this thread was we were going to lose 3 in a row to the Nationals. Color me confused.

13 hours ago, gtman55 said:

What exactly are you talking about? All I said in this thread was we were going to lose 3 in a row to the Nationals. Color me confused.

I was teasing that your prediction of being 20 games under was going to be a high mark from this point forward.  Sorry.  Really I read your post and couldn't help but hear Bruce Dickinson (Christopher Walker) saying.....I'm Bruce Dickinson Im the cock of the walk babies!

From the legendary.....More Cowbell scene on SNL

Archived