Hard to get upset

eddie83

I mean look at the 9th inning. Pinch hit appearances by Gentry and Susac. What a joke. 

Outside of Schoop, Mancini and Sisco-who Buck continues to limit opportunities for- the bulk of the rest of this team is a collection of spare parts with no future here. It is basically irrelevant what these players do. 

I am not saying I don’t want to win I am just saying that the results of these players is meaningless. 

At some point the kids will start to come up and I will actually start caring what happens. Until they do except for players with a future here the Orioles are just killing time.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Until they do except for players with a future here the Orioles are just killing time.  

They're just going through the motions. The number of years that they have to do this depends on how soon and how much value they get back in an absolute fire sale of all ML-ready talent. If no such sale occurs, count on another decade-plus of losing.

2 hours ago, allquixotic said:

They're just going through the motions. The number of years that they have to do this depends on how soon and how much value they get back in an absolute fire sale of all ML-ready talent. If no such sale occurs, count on another decade-plus of losing.

The fire sale needs to come now. That includes trading Manny, Schoop, Britton, Adam,  and Brach. If. We wait until next year we have no, I mean no trade chips. Is there possibly hope this organization can be smart?  The reason I am fed up is because no movement is being done.  Some people praise PA because he spent money, but he spent money on the wrong players. The only player wasn't his fault was Cobb. I am pleading for the fans to make noise to the media and the front office to express our concerns for something to be done by owner and management.  This is the worst Oriole team I ever saw since 1960.  They are a bunch of lazy players.  It is not really Buck's fault when players don't hit and pitch. I am disappointed and angry for this 2018 team.  I waited all offseason excited to see a good O's team to be let down.  I hope people can respond to me and feel my pain.

2 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm not surprised that they lose day in and day out. That lineup is atrocious and old.

I feel bad for Buck. 

When the O's can start Davis, Gentry, Rickard, and Susac in the same game, that's starting 4 players who aren't major league regulars.  I'm sure I missed someone.  MLB should be fining the O's for not putting a competitive product on the field.  

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

When the O's can start Davis, Gentry, Rickard, and Susac in the same game, that's starting 4 players who aren't major league regulars.  I'm sure I missed someone.  MLB should be fining the O's for not putting a competitive product on the field.  

It’s weird how quick this dearth of talent came. I honestly didn’t see it getting this bad.

58 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

It’s weird how quick this dearth of talent came. I honestly didn’t see it getting this bad.

You are correct. I was thinking before the year that if one of Trumbo/Davis improved over last year our lineup had a chance to be better. Instead the wheels just came off 

-Beckham was terrible and at this point I wonder how long he was playing hurt?

-Rasmus struggled and goes on DL about 10 days into season. He is  still hurt. The fact he was a DH first week of season looking back on it tells me he was playing hurt and probably not ready for year. 

-Rasmus not working out forced Santander to play more than he should have.

-Schoop started out a little slow and then got hurt in Game 14 and goes on DL.

-Mancini bangs his knee into brick wall in April and has had a lousy May. 

-Joseph plays so poorly he is sent to AAA not even 2 months into year. 

-Davis is much worse than last year where it is getting to the point he should be released. Perhaps worst player in sport.

-Trumbo starts year on DL. 

The team was exposed with poor depth and poor roster construction. That said a ton went wrong. 

Right now this team is full of players who really have no future here. 

Valencia- who I think on a good team would be a very useful bat as a bench player though.

Alvarez-platoon DH at best.

Gentry- older player who can’t hit. 

Rickard - ceiling is an extra OF.

Susac- has not shown much. 

Trumbo- one dimensional DH.

Peterson-utility player who is hitting .169.

Its funny but the most stable part of the team is the rotation. On many nights there are 4/5 players starting who will have little to no impact moving forward. The only vets who can still play are Manny and to a lesser extent Jones. 

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

In regards to the OP @eddie83 I agree to a certain extent.

But it's upsetting because this might have been able to have been prevented.  

That’s fair but there is nothing that can be done about it now. 

We are just waiting on young kids being called up and trades to be made. 

In the big picture if our replaceable vets were playing better and let’s say the team was  6 games under .500 instead of 20, we still would be in the same spot. The bottom line is our everyday lineup needs to be rebuilt. From a lineup standpoint this is like spring training or a September when veteran MiL players are rewarded by being called up.  

49 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

That’s fair but there is nothing that can be done about it now. 

We are just waiting on young kids being called up and trades to be made. 

In the big picture if our replaceable vets were playing better and let’s say the team was  6 games under .500 instead of 20, we still would be in the same spot. The bottom line is our everyday lineup needs to be rebuilt. From a lineup standpoint this is like spring training or a September when veteran MiL players are rewarded by being called up.  

If the team was 6 games under .500 the games would be somewhat interesting.  I am not sure why anyone would pay to see current team play. 

36 minutes ago, atomic said:

If the team was 6 games under .500 the games would be somewhat interesting.  I am not sure why anyone would pay to see current team play. 

If we were 6 games under .500, we'd be trading for Parra.

Archived