Trade Deadline Chatter Thread: Top 20 Targets

Rene88

3 hours ago, joelala said:

Thankfully, I don't see them giving us Franco for a Manny rental.  Manny will play SS there and Franco can stay at third.  If we were to get Franco though, I'd be disgusted.

And I doubt we get Sanchez.  I'd be shocked.  I think we could get a guy like Zac Eflin and a few prospects for Manny if we trade with Philly.

Teams won't be selling the farm for Manny.  Especially not a young team just finishing their rebuild like the Braves or Phillies.

I'd want Sanchez, De Los Santos, and Kingery.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I'd want Sanchez, De Los Santos, and Kingery.

Well I'd want Aaron Nola also and then I'd try to see if we could get the Blue Jays involved and I'd want to acquire Vlad Jr as well.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t think you trade Givens unless he gets on fire and is traded at peak. 

He really hasn’t pitched well this year so far.

The O's don't have the cycles to trade Givens at the deadline.  They will be focused on trading Manny, Jones, Britton and Brach.   After July 31 Givens is with he team until the off season (at the very least) because there is no way he gets through trade waivers.

I think Givens is with the team through the rebuild or reload or whatever happens.

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

No shot we have enough to acquire Vlad Jr. 

That was the joke as both Nola and Sixto+Kingery+De Los Santos aren't reasonable asks. Nola is transitioning into a true ace and the 3 man man package has 1 guy who was top 25 last year, 1 guy who was top 50 and another who was sneaking around the top 100.

10 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

That was the joke as both Nola and Sixto+Kingery+De Los Santos aren't reasonable asks. Nola is transitioning into a true ace and the 3 man man package has 1 guy who was top 25 last year, 1 guy who was top 50 and another who was sneaking around the top 100.

You might've come close to a deal like this before last season, but you'll get nothing close to that now.   I'm thinking you MAY get 1 top 100 guy and a couple of low-level guys from a deep organization.

13 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

You might've come close to a deal like this before last season, but you'll get nothing close to that now.   I'm thinking you MAY get 1 top 100 guy and a couple of low-level guys from a deep organization.

Yuuup.  Sad but true.

I'd be ecstatic if we managed to get a top 100 prospect at this point. 

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst, though.

30 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Ahh, I see.  Sorry I was a little slow there joelala.  I saw De Los Santos pitch against Pawtucket this past weekend and he looked fantastic.  Would love to see the O's get him, though I don't know if that would exclude one of Kingery or Sanchez.  

1 minute ago, joelala said:

Yuuup.  Sad but true.

I'd be ecstatic if we managed to get a top 100 prospect at this point. 

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst, though.

If Manny is willing to go to his new team and play 3B I think the return will still be fairly good, but if he's going to refuse to play anything but SS the offers are going to be pretty underwhelming

Just now, Tryptamine said:

If Manny is willing to go to his new team and play 3B I think the return will still be fairly good, but if he's going to refuse to play anything but SS the offers are going to be pretty underwhelming

I know what folks are saying but it would incredibly stupid of Machado to refuse to suck it up and play third for a few more months for a contender if he is traded. 

6 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

How would they know if he'd be willing to do that though?  Are inquiring teams allowed to talk to players about hypotheticals like that when said player is still under contract with another team?

6 hours ago, Fuzzball22 said:

This interesting

"The price tag won’t be nearly as high as wildly anticipated considering no one provided the Orioles with a strong offer in December, when teams would have had him for an entire season and not just two months."

Some people were convinced the FO had turned down good deals. 

“Good” is a relative term. Better than a competitive balance pick would be a good offer.

Archived