Orioles have interviewed Ned Colletti, and others

Flacco Machado

1 minute ago, Hotdiggity said:

Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt, Andruw Jones, Ted Lilly, Aaron Harang, Chris Capuano, Brandon League, Brian Wilson 2 year contract, Carlos Santana trade, and many more I’m not thinking of. The guy was a loyal mouthpiece for crappy ownership and hardly transparent about it. Dodger fans all over would cringe at both the July 31 deadline and the offseason to see what group of crummy contracts he was going to hand out. He will (further) hamstring the organization with his moves and make the worst used car salesman look reputable. But...good luck with that

Sounds familiar.

I wouldn't be thrilled with him, but right now I'm falling head first into the "change for change's sake" trap.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and if you want some awesome twitter entertainment then I recommend you follow Ned2point0. The reason it’s 2.0 is because the guy behind it was so funny and so on point that Ned got butt hurt and had the original account banned.  It was only a large outcry from the fan base that got the Dodger org to back off. That account was a necessary respite from Ned’s real world stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Oh and if you want some awesome twitter entertainment then I recommend you follow Ned2point0. The reason it’s 2.0 is because the guy behind it was so funny and so on point that Ned got butt hurt and had the original account banned.  It was only a large outcry from the fan base that got the Dodger org to back off. That account was a necessary respite from Ned’s real world stupidity. 

52 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I may be way off. My gut tells me this means Brady comes out if this as the winner.  

Brady may be the least radioactive human being in the state of Maryland.  Point to one thing in Birdland that actually has his fingerprints on it that can be demonstrated.  Slippery doesn't begin to describe how he's played the FO game.

5 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Not sure why you would knock the guy.   The Dodgers were losers when he took over and we're winners during his 9 years with the Dodgers and winners since he left.   We are 19-49.  We're in last place last year. 

40 minutes ago,  atomic said: 

Not sure why you would knock the guy.   The Dodgers were losers when he took over and we're winners during his 9 years with the Dodgers and winners since he left.   We are 19-49.  We're in last place last year. 

I knock the guy because he sucked as a GM. The common misconception is that the Dodgers were losers, he came in, after 2005, and they were winners. It was largely the talent that Logan White assembled through the drafts in 2003-2004 with Billingsley, Kemp, Loney, RMartin, Broxton and Laroche (later used in the Manny trade). Those drafts created the bricks upon which Colletti stood. To this day he largely rests on the brilliant Ethier trade. It needs to be mentioned that Bradley had worn out his welcome and was traded to a seber-GM.  Can anybody find any other trade or acquisition that was a clear winner? I can’t. 

1 hour ago, Hotdiggity said:

Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt, Andruw Jones, Ted Lilly, Aaron Harang, Chris Capuano, Brandon League, Brian Wilson 2 year contract, Carlos Santana trade, and many more I’m not thinking of. The guy was a loyal mouthpiece for crappy ownership and hardly transparent about it. Dodger fans all over would cringe at both the July 31 deadline and the offseason to see what group of crummy contracts he was going to hand out. He will (further) hamstring the organization with his moves and make the worst used car salesman look reputable. But...good luck with that

Sounds like the perfect Angelos hire.

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That’s my thought as well.  Dodgers have always made major investments in the international market.  Why would Colletti join a team that ignores international players?

Not during the reign of the McCourts:

The far bigger shame was the evisceration of the Dodgers’ international budget. The team that signed and developed standout prospects like Fernando Valenzuela, Pedro and Ramon Martinez, and Adrian Beltre fell to dead-last in baseball in 2010, spending a paltry $314,000 on international signings. It got even uglier last year, with the Dodgers spending a mere $177,000 (the next-stingiest team, the White Sox, doled out more than four times that much).

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/state-of-the-dodgers-crime-does-pay/

3 hours ago, Flacco Machado said:

>Guy who is well versed in stats

>Guy who spends his pool money internationally and has built one of the best farm systems in all of baseball

>Guy who is Italian, won an Emmy for a baseball blog and is 2nd in wins to Cashman in the same time frame

How and why aren't you guys rejoicing at this news? 

Archived