A lot of player movement coming

wildcard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Alvarez gets dumped. Leading the team in HR/AB. 

So Rickard gets dumped. More HR/AB than Trumbo or Davis and others.

Who needs homers when you are last in hitting? 

And the Orioles spiral down the toilet bowl continues going around and around. 

So be it.

13 hours ago, Natty said:

So be it.

Neither Alvarez nor Rickard was exactly burning it up.   Alvarez has a .698 OPS, .562 from April 18 on.   Rickard has a .673 OPS, .520 from May 21 on.   I’m not going to shed a tear for either one.   Do I think their replacements on the roster will do materially better?   No, not really, but if they don’t, they may not be up here that long.   

I’ll say this, Rasmus looked a lot better at the plate yesterday than he looked the first week of the season.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Neither Alvarez nor Rickard was exactly burning it up.   Alvarez has a .698 OPS, .562 from April 18 on.   Rickard has a .673 OPS, .520 from May 21 on.   I’m not going to shed a tear for either one.   Do I think their replacements on the roster will do materially better?   No, not really, but if they don’t, they may not be up here that long.   

I’ll say this, Rasmus looked a lot better at the plate yesterday than he looked the first week of the season.  

Rasmus played with an intensity this team has been missing almost completely all season. 

Beckham is probably next man up.  He is eligible to come off the 60 day DL on Saturday.   I hope they wait on him until he starts to hit.   That hasn't happened yet. He didn't play yesterday.  I didn't hear why.

Mancini and Wilkerson are the two guys with options and one of them is likely to go down to Norfolk.  The O's will want to keep their older role players with Manny and Jones probably gone in the next 5 weeks. Maybe Rasmus, Valencia and/or Trumbo also.

I would like to see Trumbo play the field for the next month.  He hits much better when he plays the field.  Davis can DH for a while.  

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Beckham is probably next man up.  He is eligible to come off the 60 day DL on Saturday.   I hope they wait on him until he starts to hit.   That hasn't happened yet. He didn't play yesterday.  I didn't hear why.

Mancini and Wilkerson are the two guys with options and one of them is likely to go down to Norfolk.  The O's will want to keep their older role players with Manny and Jones probably gone in the next 5 weeks. Maybe Rasmus, Valencia and/or Trumbo also.

I would like to see Trumbo play the field for the next month.  He hits much better when he plays the field.  Davis can DH for a while.  

Davis can sit on his ass playing cards for all I care. 

6 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

You could pass almost anyone in this team through waivers. I don’t know why they seem so worried about it sometime. Looking at you mike wright 

If the O's put their players on waivers after July 31st all they get for them is salary relief if they let them go.  In most cases the O's would hope to get a little more then salary relief for their players.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If the O's put their players on waivers after July 31st all they get for them is salary relief if they let them go.  In most cases the O's would hope to get a little more then salary relief for their players.

You can get more than salary relief if the team claiming them wants to deal.   

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I suspect Wilkerson goes down.  No reason to keep him up here once Beckham is back.  

14 hours ago, Natty said:

So be it.

Pedro was batting  .056 the last 28 days with no HR and no RBIs.

Rickard wasn't dumped, he still had options.

Archived