Brewers' equivalent of Roch: CC to MIL a done deal

blueberryale77

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/07/06/brewers-indians-agree-on-sabathia.aspx

Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal says it's for LaPorta and two lower prospects (not Gamel or Escobar) pending paperwork and physicals and Sabathia will debut with the Brewers Tuesday night.

It's be interesting to see if this reliable source is more reliable than the one who had BRob gone to the Cubs for a whole lotta nothing.

Losing LaPorta is tough but whatever....They will have a ton of draft picks and have enough talen where losing him isn't that big of a deal.

They could still trade Fielder if they wanted to and just put Gamel at first.

BTW, Cubs fan....Be afraid of the Brewers in a major major way.

The Cubs need pitching.

Seriously. I'd expect people to be getting more hopped up about Gamel and Escobar still being in Milwaukee than what the Cubs are going to do in response. What I do wonder about the Cubs though is whether they will try to go bargain shopping for Erik Bedard now. They had obviously evaluated him before this season and were pretty interested, one might think they still would be now that the cost should be a lot less.

The Cubs response will be....?

Expect renewed B-Rob trade rumors [grabs hot dog and beer to watch the fireworks]

I'm not sure about BRob, but the Cubs definitely need to make a splash.

I think davearm mentioned Rich Harden as a possible target.

Haudricourt deserves a raise for his coverage of this whole thing. All of his reports were from valid sources and he never got over excited and made baseless reports (like Hardy being included in the deal, lol)

my thoughts from the other thread:I'm just glad the Brewers got this done without giving up Escobar and Gamel. Losing LaPorta hurts but I think with the 4-5 draft picks the Crew will get next year when Sheets and C.C. leave for FA will help offset it.

Random question: If C.C. was announced as an AL all-star today, and got traded later in the day like he did to an NL team..who would he start for?

Losing LaPorta is tough but whatever....They will have a ton of draft picks and have enough talen where losing him isn't that big of a deal.

They could still trade Fielder if they wanted to and just put Gamel at first.

BTW, Cubs fan....Be afraid of the Brewers in a major major way.

There's room for both teams in the postseason.

Now if you're saying be afraid of the Brewers in the NLCS, well, I'd love to be there in the first place.

IMO this makes the Cubs and Brewers head-and-shoulders better than every other NL team, so hopefully that's exactly how things shake out come October. And that's before the Cubs unload a bunch of prospects for the best guy(s) they can get later this month.

There's room for both teams in the postseason.

Now if you're saying be afraid of the Brewers in the NLCS, well, I'd love to be there in the first place.

IMO this makes the Cubs and Brewers head-and-shoulders better than every other NL team, so hopefully that's exactly how things shake out come October. And that's before the Cubs unload a bunch of prospects for the best guy(s) they can get later this month.

I'm looking for the Phils, Brewers, Cubs and Diamondbacks to end up in the playoffs, with some key future acquisitions to pay dividends. I see the Cubs getting another SP and maybe a BP arm, and the Phils to compete with the Cubs for a SP or 2. The Snakes just need to stop slumping, they are built to win.

Archived