MLBTR: The Worst Use of a Roster Spot

weams

5 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Pujols’ contract is a joke, but even on the Angels roster, Kole Calhoun (.170/.220/.260), seems like a better candidate for this poll. 

That’s Davis territory.

Calhoun is owed about $15 million.  Pujols $87 million.  Also there's an off chance that Calhoun might rebound.  There's not much hope for a Pujols rebound.

I would argue that Davis and Pujols are comparable, with Davis being younger but being owed more money.  I'd probably call Pujols' roster spot/contract worse if you put a gun to my head, because there is nearly 0 chance he has a bounceback year at 38-41.  Davis might (emphasis on "might") figure it out for one last hurrah sometime between now and the end of his deal.

19 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Honestly, and not just trying to crucify Chris Davis because that has happened plenty this year, but how is there a list like this and CD is not on it? 

Exactly how many of the people voting for "Other" did not have Chris Davis in mind when casting their vote?  Maybe a dozen?  ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 10:40 AM, Il BuonO said:

Pujols’ contract is a joke, but even on the Angels roster, Kole Calhoun (.170/.220/.260), seems like a better candidate for this poll. 

That’s Davis territory.

Fun fact: Calhoun had a .440 OPS on June 30 and has a 1.115 OPS in July.

Maybe there’s hope for Davis yet.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Fun fact: Calhoun had a .440 OPS on June 30 and has a 1.115 OPS in July.

Maybe there’s hope for Davis yet.   

Yes, saw that. He also made a dramatic change in his stance. The only thing I can see with Davis is a slight drop of his hands pre-load. 

Archived