John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, sevastras said:

Bobby Bonilla wouldn’t stop and give me an autograph when I was a kid. Only player ever to snub me. 

Go over to Aberdeen and ask Brandon Bonilla to sign B Bonilla!  Oh wait - he'll snub you also ....?

17 minutes ago, atomic said:

Perhaps they were talking to Jones about waiving his no-trade.  Adam seems to go out of his way for these events.  

True and Schoopie was readying for his late game attempt at an MLB record.  Both solid "excuses"!  ?

"Dan Connolly of The Athletic reports that the sense is Adam Jones will remain with the Orioles for the rest of the season.

"Multiple teams" have requested that Jones waive his 10-and-5 rights, but Connolly hears the outfielder would prefer not to uproot his family in the middle of the season and also would like to have a proper goodbye to the fans and community. Jones is still weighing his options, so nothing is set in stone at this point. The Indians and Phillies are two clubs known to have interest in the soon-to-be 33-year-old."

--

"Proper goodbye to the fans and community" and then no shows autograph event.

25 minutes ago, Finisher said:

"Dan Connolly of The Athletic reports that the sense is Adam Jones will remain with the Orioles for the rest of the season.

"Multiple teams" have requested that Jones waive his 10-and-5 rights, but Connolly hears the outfielder would prefer not to uproot his family in the middle of the season and also would like to have a proper goodbye to the fans and community. Jones is still weighing his options, so nothing is set in stone at this point. The Indians and Phillies are two clubs known to have interest in the soon-to-be 33-year-old."
--

Yep. Seems like he had a chance right there. And ‘uproot his family’? It’s three months if the acquiring team makes it through to the WS. 

Is he expecting to come back on a one year deal and have a Jeter farewell tour?

30 minutes ago, Finisher said:

--

I really don't see the problem he didn't show for some autograph session.  No big deal in my opinion. 

41 minutes ago, atomic said:

o

This is mildly reminiscent of Melvin Mora, whom I would have bet money that he would have exercised his no-trade clause if the Orioles had attempted to deal him ........ in spite of the fact that his tenure with the team was in the heart of the Dark Era (2000-2009.)

I was at Mora's last game as an Oriole in October of 2009, and we gave him a much deserved-standing ovation when Dave Trembley removed him from the game for a pinch-hitter in the 6th inning.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200910040.shtml

o

Archived