John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think some people just hate all the players.  They want them all traded. When someone wants to stay they want them gone.  It is more than 3 months.  If Jones stays with the team and sign with a new team in free agency it wouldn't have to be in the new city until April.  

I want him traded but I respect the fact that he has the right to refuse a trade, just like Kim could refuse getting sent down.

It doesn't upset me when players exercise their rights.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Unfathomable to me how a player like him would rather play on a rebuilding team on pace to lose 120 than go to a contender.  

He's invested a lot of years with the Orioles. I know I'm just a fan, but I'd rather lose with the Orioles any day than just jump on the bandwagon for a potential championship team.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I want him traded but I respect the fact that he has the right to refuse a trade, just like Kim could refuse getting sent down.

It doesn't upset me when players exercise their rights.

Exactly. Always been a Jones fan and this does nothing to change my opinion on him. 

I wish him well here and wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's easy to assuming winning a ring is every bodies goal.

I like Jones. But let's face it, he is not a guy that cares that much about winning. IF he did he would have removed himself from CF by now.

13 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

I like Jones. But let's face it, he is not a guy that cares that much about winning. IF he did he would have removed himself from CF by now.

Agreed. Adam cares about Adam.

5 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Agreed. Adam cares about Adam.

18 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Wow.   Have you guys watched this guy play the last decade?   He always gives his all between the lines.   He's a team leader and a great part of the community.   As for "removing himself" from CF... often the athlete himself is the last to understand and accept when his skills decline.    And guys who ask out of games or situations are usually considered poor teammates and derided by fans and players alike.   Pro athletes have been competing since they were 6 years old and every coach they have ever had has taught them to compete, compete hard, go out and do what you are asked.   Shying away from a challenge or asking out of a game or position goes against everything they have learned in their entire life.

If there was a shred of evidence that Buck or someone had asked Adam to move out of CF to a corner and he has refused, that might be a different story.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Wow.   Have you guys watched this guy play the last decade?   He always gives his all between the lines.   He's a team leader and a great part of the community.   As for "removing himself" from CF... often the athlete himself is the last to understand and accept when his skills decline.    And guys who ask out of games or situations are usually considered poor teammates and derided by fans and players alike.   Pro athletes have been competing since they were 6 years old and every coach they have ever had has taught them to compete, compete hard, go out and do what you are asked.   Shying away from a challenge or asking out of a game or position goes against everything they have learned in their entire life.

If there was a shred of evidence that Buck or someone had asked Adam to move out of CF to a corner and he has refused, that might be a different story.

I’d upvote this one twice if I could.

Archived