A big middle finger to the Sox

Moose Milligan

What a bunch of crybabies.  What a bunch of sad sack poor sports.  It's a good thing there are profanity filters here.  

Yeah, we're in last place and having one of the worst seasons ever.  But at least OUR PLAYERS AND MANAGERS AREN'T CRYING ABOUT HAVING TO DO THEIR JOBS IN LESS THAN STELLAR WEATHER CONDITIONS!!!1111

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24195492/boston-red-sox-irritated-rainout-game-baltimore-orioles

Red Sox manager Alex Cora was not happy with the Baltimore Orioles' handling of Wednesday's game, which was postponed by rain following a 2-hour, 33-minute delay that began immediately after Boston took a 5-0 lead in the second inning.

"I'm annoyed about the whole three-game series," Cora said. "It happened two days ago -- a rain delay with two outs in the first inning -- and it happened again tonight. I'm not happy about it."

tenor.gif?itemid=4949788

The home team makes the call on whether and when a game starts, while the umpiring crew decides on delays and when to call the game.

In Boston's win Monday, Rick Porcello worked through rain delays of 43 and 19 minutes. Tuesday's loss also had a rain delay.

"Rick had to wait for a while in a game that with two outs in the first inning there was a rain delay," Cora said. "It was a tough one."

tumblr_oh0s3wPRPH1qjjndmo1_500.gif

All statistics will be wiped out, including home runs by Mookie Betts, Andrew Benintendi and J.D. Martinez.

Almost immediately after Betts ripped a three-run shot to make it 5-0, heavy showers caused the umpires to call for the field to be covered by a tarp.

"I feel for the team, actually. I don't care about the home runs," Cora said. "I mean, we have a 5-0 lead and one of the horses on the mound. It's not that it's a guaranteed win, but we know where we're at."

tenor.gif

Hey Alex,  I hope you have a miserable time getting back to Baltimore and there's twice the amount of rain on August 11th than there was yesterday.   Because if this is worth crying about, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to squeeze in 4 games in 3 days when your stretch run is heating up and you need to be sure that all your players are healthy for October.

AP_17310686623694-1000x654.jpg

BOO THIS TWERP! 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet another exhibit of why I will root for the Yankees every time over the Red Sox.  They are entitled, whiny little brats.  

That said, they are right.  The rain delay in the first inning on Monday was ridiculous, and I was at the game last night, saw the radar, and said to my wife "There is no way they should even start this game."  I don't feel bad for the Sawx and their lost 3 dingers, nor do I condone their whining, but yeah, they are pretty much right about what they are saying.  

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Alex Cora is a terrific human being and a friend of mine. No way do I agree with his opinion. But I won't ridicule him. He's trying to stand up for his team. Thats part of his job.Buck would do the same thing if his team were in first place. I don't hold this against Alex.

Well, now I feel like a jerk (I know, I already am).

Archived