Snyder-O-Meter up to .290!!!

DocJJ

How has Tripp looked recently? While not on fire, his stats have looked better of late (before today I think he was hitting .280ish over the last 10 or 14 days). And he had a good day today.

Of course he had a good day today, cause I sure didn't witness it!:( He's now hit 3 of his 11 home runs on the year during two noon-time games. And guess what? I was nowhere to be found. Stupid jobs!

It's good to see him hitting the ball well lately. His average is slowly rising, but he didn't look too good last night. He hit a couple groundballs to the right side, one of which was an easy 3-unassisted.

He's hitting .211 at home this season and a solid .285 on the road. He hit in five of the six games he played in on the road, and has hits in seven of his last nine games as he's gotten off to a real good start to the month.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm positively giddy about Snyder. He's following a similar pattern to last year, when he had a slow start but came on strong. Now he is not only hitting for average, but showing some long-awaited power.

Overall: .292/.326/.467

Since May 1: .322/.352/.534

My only complaint is that he doesn't walk more. But he's certainly hitting whatever's in reach, just as he did in Hawaii last fall.

I'm positively giddy about Snyder. He's following a similar pattern to last year, when he had a slow start but came on strong. Now he is not only hitting for average, but showing some long-awaited power.

Overall: .292/.326/.467

Since May 1: .322/.352/.534

My only complaint is that he doesn't walk more. But he's certainly hitting whatever's in reach, just as he did in Hawaii last fall.

Outside of the walks, Snyder is performing at about the same pace or better when compared to Markakis' season at Frederick, when he was also the same age as Snyder (21).

Outside of the walks, Snyder is performing at about the same pace or better when compared to Markakis' season at Frederick, when he was also the same age as Snyder (21).

I think it hints that Snyder has a very real bat - especially when one considers he lost a year to injury.

It's nice to see the power coming on also.

Is Snyder out of the running at 3B? Does he have the mobility, glove, and arm to move back to that position? or is he better suited at 1B?

There are some folks in the organization that would like to see Snyder back at third base. Some believe he has all the tools to play there and even though he doesn't have a rocket arm over there, neither does Mike Lowell, Melvin Mora, or Aubrey Huff and they all play there in the big leagues.

There are some folks in the organization that would like to see Snyder back at third base. Some believe he has all the tools to play there and even though he doesn't have a rocket arm over there, neither does Mike Lowell, Melvin Mora, or Aubrey Huff and they all play there in the big leagues.

Tony, is it possible that his arm is not strong enough to play at catcher but IS strong enough to play at third? I think we'd all love it if he could adapt over there at third.

Well, if things keep moving along as they are, there should be a 3B spot for him in Bowie next year, while Rowell repeats Frederick...

Well, if things keep moving along as they are, there should be a 3B spot for him in Bowie next year, while Rowell repeats Frederick...

That's what I was thinking as well. Snyder is earning that promotion to Bowie, and Rowell is looking like he's needs to repeat Frederick.

Do you guys think Nettles is moving to AAA next year, how old is he anyway?

Nettles is 29.

I'd be surprised if anyone in the organization thought he was more than a AAAA player. He probably wouldn't stand in the way of any prospect who is thought to have a higher ceiling.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=418

Good chance he wouldn't even be re signed for next year, IMO (given Moore, Costanzo, Rowell and Snyder)

Two O's officials I spoke with in Frederick yesterday indicated that, barring some miraculous turnaround, Rowell will be back in Frederick next season. Both parties mentioned his age, but others I spoke with still feel like he needs to step up his work ethic.

As far as Snyder is concerned, I spoke with him after yesterday's game. He said he's trying to simplify things at the plate. He said he went back and watched tapes of him hitting in high school and that it actually helped. Richie Hebner said he's been doing a "real professional" job right before his injury and since his return of working his way into "hitters counts" and then making pitchers pay for it.

Two O's officials I spoke with in Frederick yesterday indicated that, barring some miraculous turnaround, Rowell will be back in Frederick next season. Both parties mentioned his age, but others I spoke with still feel like he needs to step up his work ethic.

This is a no-brainer. Snyder repeated Delmarva and came back stronger. Erbe is repeating Frederick this year and has been stronger (though still inconsistent). Rowell has done nothing to earn a promotion.

However, Tyler Henson, the 3B at Delmarva, will deserve a promotion to Frederick. Does he take 3B while Rowell moves to 1B? Or does Henson go back to SS? Some other solution?

Nettles is 29.

I'd be surprised if anyone in the organization thought he was more than a AAAA player. He probably wouldn't stand in the way of any prospect who is thought to have a higher ceiling.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=418

Good chance he wouldn't even be re signed for next year, IMO (given Moore, Costanzo, Rowell and Snyder)

What about Finan, do you see him moving up or staying with Bowie

Archived