Support the Orioles or stop following until they start winning again

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, coolbeans said:

In a few years they will be winning again?  That’s laughable.  Show me the young players capable of forming a winning MLB team, the coaches capable of developing prospects, and the front office capable of putting it all together.  This organization seems to mess up every player they get their hands on unless they have Machado level talent and they don’t draft well enough to have too many of them and will never buy them in free agency either.  It’s more likely that in 3-4 years, the product on the field will be worse than the team they fielded last night.

First, your being a longtime member and a pretty infrequent poster I am completely willing to give you wide berth here.  But I don't get this criticism at all.  First of all this would read better as a comment from May of this year a whole lot better than it does now.  And I certainly get the frustration of coming to grips with another period of losing.  But this team is unquestionably better positioned to win in a few years than it was two weeks ago.  That is indisputable. It is not laughable.

You may very well believe that it will not happen and you may very well be right.  And I get that frustration makes us say things in hyperbolic fashion.  But 3-4 years from now you think it is more likely that this team is worse than it is right now?  

That is an idea that is without question closer to laughable.

We will see.  Im not printing WS tickets....but I don't think the above is very accurate.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I'm just not into being told what to do.  

True dat.

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I don't know about you Orioles fans but I sure get tired of all the negativity on here. I would like to encourage you to support the Orioles or stop following them for a couple years until they start winning again. I am very excited about the new chapter that is starting for the Orioles. I like young players who are hungry to win and are not just playing for money. In my opinion, the Orioles had become boring over the last two years. The Orioles are no longer boring which I am very excited about.

I'm going to support them. I'm more excited about them now than I have been in years. A rebuild will finally be done. All the prospects we they have now. I think it's an exciting time to be an O's fan.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Hard to support a team of Jace Peterson, Tim Beckham, Chris Davis, Breyic Velma, and Renato Nunez.  Maybe if they reduced the price of beer to $4 I would show up. 

They are the Orioles. What on earth is wrong with you? You can't support the team because there are no Super Stars on the team? 

I will support and follow, assuming they're showing competent effort on and off the field.  A rebuilding team is at least, I guess the best words are 'interestingly engaging.'  What I can't stomach is the ineptness on and off the field that we saw for most of the time from 2000 through 2010.

41 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

They are the Orioles. What on earth is wrong with you? You can't support the team because there are no Super Stars on the team? 

Nobody good and no prospects playing.  Why would I pay attention to the team?  I don't need stars but I need more than guys who belong in the minors and guys who would be released if they didn't have absurd contracts.  Other than Jones there is not one position player I would expect to be in the majors in 2 years.  

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Problem is the young guys they acquired won't be playing for the Orioles. Might as well watch the Bowie Baysox instead.  

Then why are you here?  See you on Baysoxhangout.com.  

33 minutes ago, atomic said:

Nobody good and no prospects playing.  Why would I pay attention to the team?  I don't need stars but I need more than guys who belong in the minors and guys who would be released if they didn't have absurd contracts.  Other than Jones there is not one position player I would expect to be in the majors in 2 years.  

For what it's worth the O's are playing better now than they have all year.  

3 hours ago, coolbeans said:

In a few years they will be winning again?  That’s laughable.  Show me the young players capable of forming a winning MLB team, the coaches capable of developing prospects, and the front office capable of putting it all together.  This organization seems to mess up every player they get their hands on unless they have Machado level talent and they don’t draft well enough to have too many of them and will never buy them in free agency either.  It’s more likely that in 3-4 years, the product on the field will be worse than the team they fielded last night.

I feel like your angst would be better directed at a sports radio call in show then this message board. 

Archived