Mullins is with the Orioles! (edited)

terpoh

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, but I don't know why you would compare Jones to Mullins when he is so much more similar to Hays.

From a height and weight standpoint, none of the three are real similar. Jones and Mullins have totally different builds, which (I suspect) will manifest itself as Mullins having more speed and less power. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 99ct said:

From a height and weight standpoint, none of the three are real similar. Jones and Mullins have totally different builds, which (I suspect) will manifest itself as Mullins having more speed and less power. 

I will take Mookie Betts lite. 

Mullins offensive games reminds me of Ray Durham.  Brian Roberts too as far as having a quick stroke and being able to really turn on an inside fastball.  

Defense I'll go Kenny Lofton.  Also LH, excellent range and body control, subpar arm.  Mullins doesn't have the pure speed of Lofton but I can't think of a better comp right now.  

You don't see a lot of 5'8 center fielders.  Players with Mullins build tend to play 2B. 

15 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I see Adam’s WAR as a great outcome, but Mullins would get there slightly differently for sure. 

I don’t expect Mullins to be a 30 WAR guy.  But how about Coco Crisp as a comp, with fewer stolen bases?   .265/.327/.402 lifetime, 28.5 rWAR in a lengthy career.   I’d gladly take that.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/crispco01.shtml

20 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jones' game is closer to Hays.

We will be very fortunate if anyone in our organization approaches the career that Adam Jones has had. Whether you like his type of game or not. Even if you denigrate him because of wacky d stats. Jones was the man. 

12 minutes ago, weams said:

We will be very fortunate if anyone in our organization approaches the career that Adam Jones has had. Whether you like his type of game or not. Even if you denigrate him because of wacky d stats. Jones was the man. 

I think you tend to overrate Jones, but the fact is it probably will be a very long time before anyone matches his offensive totals accrued in 11 years with the Orioles.

Games - 8th

At Bats - 4th

Hits - 4th

Runs - 5th

Doubles - 7th

Homers - 5th

RBI - 5th

Strikeouts - 3rd

Here's where Jones ranks among active players, regardless of how many teams they played for:

Games - 21st

At bats - 17th

Runs - 26th

Hits - 19th

Doubles - 35th

Homers - 23rd

RBI - 27th

Strikeouts - 20th

Certainly an admirable career and he probably has a few years left to play.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think you tend to overrate Jones, but the fact is it probably will be a very long time before anyone matches his offensive totals accrued in 11 years with the Orioles.

Games - 8th

At Bats - 4th

Hits - 4th

Runs - 5th

Doubles - 7th

Homers - 5th

RBI - 5th

Strikeouts - 3rd

Here's where Jones ranks among active players, regardless of how many teams they played for:

Games - 21st

At bats - 17th

Runs - 26th

Hits - 19th

Doubles - 35th

Homers - 23rd

RBI - 27th

Strikeouts - 20th

Certainly an admirable career and he probably has a few years left to play.

I think Mullins has a chance. 

Archived