Top Manager Candidates

connja

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

What about John Gibbons? How about Brad Ausmus?    I hope it is not Bobby Dickerson, what a  dissappointing off-season if it is him.  

Gibbons is on record saying he doesn't want to oversee a rebuild. I think they can scratch him off of the list.

1 hour ago, Sydnor said:

For what it’s worth, @CamdenDepot posted the following on Twitter. I believe Boles was mentioned here fairly recently:

Been following this twitter account for a while, I can't remember very many instances of him name dropping rumors.  Does anyone have any good insight on Boles as a manager?

15 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Been following this twitter account for a while, I can't remember very many instances of him name dropping rumors.  Does anyone have any good insight on Boles as a manager?

Career sub .500 winning percentage in the minor leagues.  Ouch

On 9/22/2018 at 7:17 AM, Luke-OH said:

I really like Buck Britton and I think he is going to be a big league manager eventually, but he needs years more seasoning in the minors before he's an option. A big part of that is that he's 32 years old, now this shouldn't matter, but I'm 100% sure it does. Being younger than some of the players on the team will make it harder to command respect and authority. Again it shouldn't matter, but it does, it's just human nature. 

Nobody on the 40 man roster right now is older than Buck Britton except Davis and Trumbo, and the two of them are just 60 and 120 days older than BB, respectively, and in a perfect world wouldn't be on the team next year anyway.

Archived