Top Manager Candidates

connja

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

My vote is HOU’s  pitching coach Brent Storm. Look what he’s doing there. He could also bring on some of their top assistants. He’s 69, but i think it could be a fit.  My other choices,

-Thome

-Varitek

-Matheny 

Big no on Matheny. Encouraged clubhouse bullying and was on non-speaking terms with one of his players. He was so bad the Cardinals fired him when they had a decent record - and they have played way better since he left.

I'd be surprised if Matheny gets any job, period.

1 minute ago, theocean said:

Big no on Matheny. Encouraged clubhouse bullying and was on non-speaking terms with one of his players. He was so bad the Cardinals fired him when they had a decent record - and they have played way better since he left.

Yeah. He's done. Bud Norris, Enforcer. 

1 hour ago, theocean said:

Nothing like hiring a retread in MLB. It’ll just take more time with him.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No way the O's pay for someone like Girardi.

The new guy is going to be making 1M or less.

That too. But Girardi wouldn't take this job even if they were willing to pay up 

I suspect Ron Johnson will manage the next 3 years. Then they will hire a bigger name. It will be Dave Teembly part 2.

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wasn't Trembley expected to lead a competitive team?

Maybe in the owners eyes. I'm not sold ownership doesn't expect more now than we do. The direction of this club is still cloudy to me. Especially if Brady is still involved in running things. We'll see.

2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Who? Davis and Joseph? Davis should welcome anyone who even considers writing his name in the lineup. And Joseph seems like he’d be happy with a new direction.

I think Britton would be a good choice, but don’t see them doing anything so bold.

Mayne he might be. Just a side note to you. The Round Rock Express will be the 3A team for the  Astros. I'm thrilled with that. As for a new manager for the O's I don't have any real preference. That it be the GM's choice. A younger man that will move the organization into the 21st century.

Archived