Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

2 hours ago, MikeAD said:

Its frustrating, especially considering hes always had players around him who take the time to show him the right path.  

I saw this yesterday and smiled.  Two hours later he was crotch chopping the crowd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpK-DikhawE/?hl=en&taken-by=dodgers

Manny has become the most disappointing chapter for me this season. 

That's hard to comprehend considering my team lost a thousand or so games this year.

• Upvote 1

Manny has done these things since he was a rookie.   No longer any excuses for his behavior.  He is who he is.  Arod. 

I anticipate there being at least one historic altercation that he instigates by his behavior against the Red Sox.

I was planning on breaking my tradition of always rooting for the AL team in the World Series, but nope.     Go Sox!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

Manny has done these things since he was a rookie.   No longer any excuses for his behavior.  He is who he is.  Arod. 

I anticipate there being at least one historic altercation that he instigates by his behavior against the Red Sox.

I was planning on breaking my tradition of always rooting for the AL team in the World Series, but nope.     Go Sox!

There is absolutely no way I could ever root for the Sox in the Series. 
No. 
Way.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

There is absolutely no way I could ever root for the Sox in the Series. 
No. 
Way.

Since 1965, I favor the AL team in the World Series.  Am I as enthusiastic when it is the Yankees or Red Sox?  No, I am not.  I root against both the MFYs and the Red Sox at all playoff levels until they become the AL representative.  If the Orioles change to the NL, then I will root for the NL.   No way can I root for a NL team in the Series. 

42 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Since 1965, I favor the AL team in the World Series.  Am I as enthusiastic when it is the Yankees or Red Sox?  No, I am not.  I root against both the MFYs and the Red Sox at all playoff levels until they become the AL representative.  If the Orioles change to the NL, then I will root for the NL.   No way can I root for a NL team in the Series. 

I am perfectly fine with this but at the same time I had no problem a few years back pulling for the cubs to get one. It’s good for baseball. Yankee fans are always tough but 25 titles does that. I always struggle with Red Sox fans. Than can not only be insufferable but also there seems to be many that really are just on the bandwagon.

I think winning 108 games and knocking off 2 100+ win teams and not losing a home game is damn impressive. But I don’t want to hear about it for 5 years so....

Go Dodgers!!!!

Just to stir the pot, here is Dylan Hernandez's (LA Times) take on Manny:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-brewers-hernandez-20181020-story.htm

There are lots of good Manny quotes, but perhaps the most interesting nugget from the article is this:

"He's got so much ability," said Andrew Friedman, the Dodgers president of baseball operations. "His talent is top-shelf."

Friedman admitted Machado is a much better defensive shortstop than he thought before acquiring him.

On a personal note, perhaps because the last time I watched a pro wrestling match was when Mr. T and Hulk Hogan were a tag team, I had no clue about what crotch chopping was. The internet provided a history, which of course involved getting pissed off by Canadian fans. This Wikipedia article is one of the more amusing things I have read in a while:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Generation_X

Hopefully Machado and Turner get their post-oriole rings.

Schoop came up in a big spot as a pinch hitter in game 7 and didn’t come through. With the emergence of Arcia(and others),I don’t see the Brewers keeping Schoop at his salary. I know I’m against spending on all types of FAs in this rebuild, so is management, but I’d make an exception to see Johnny Baseball at 2B and batting 4th for us. 

Mullins, Stewart, Villar, Schoop, Trumbo, Mancini, Davis, Nunez, Sisco/Wynns

Not the worst lineup in baseball. 

22 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

When did Manny have an MVP season? He’s had good seasons, but I don’t remember anything MVP worthy.

I was referring to the NLCS. Dodgers really did not have a real standout candidate.  Bellinger had some big hits but overall wasn’t great.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hopefully Machado and Turner get their post-oriole rings.

Schoop came up in a big spot as a pinch hitter in game 7 and didn’t come through. With the emergence of Arcia(and others),I don’t see the Brewers keeping Schoop at his salary. I know I’m against spending on all types of FAs in this rebuild, so is management, but I’d make an exception to see Johnny Baseball at 2B and batting 4th for us. 

Mullins, Stewart, Villar, Schoop, Trumbo, Mancini, Davis, Nunez, Sisco/Wynns

Not the worst lineup in baseball. 

Pretty close.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, tntoriole said:

The only time I care about which league wins is the All Star game.  NY and Boston have enjoyed plenty of success, so I'm not happy when they get to celebrate even more.  Pick your poison which fanbase is more obnoxious; of late, that may be Boston's.