Takashi Saito out at least 6 weeks. Any interest in Sherrill?

Baltimore_Bob

This may work out in our favor if MacPhail can take advatage. We've been creating all kinds of trade scenarios with the Dodgers lately. This may make one of those ideas actually happen.

We all know what they have, but what do we want from them?

OF- Kemp?

OF- Eithier?

3B- LaRoche?

SS- Hu?

3B- DeWitt?

SS- De Jesus?

Let me throw this out there...

What if we could land Kershaw in a deal? Won't happen, but what if... :scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can't land Kershaw with Bedard, then there isn't a player on our roster that we could trade to land him...and I doubt we could trade Sherrill and someone not named Markakis for him.

Sherrill and Huff, that combination could land someone like Kemp, but I seriously doubt it. Because I know that if I were the Dodgers GM, I would not do that deal.

But, I do agree with you now that Sherrill does fill a need for them. Huff does as well. So, I think they are a good trade partner and I hope something can be worked out...although...I'd still probably prefer to trade Sherrill to the Sawx or Rays or Brew Crew for Lowrie, Brignac, or Escobar.

If we can't land Kershaw with Bedard, then there isn't a player on our roster that we could trade to land him...and I doubt we could trade Sherrill and someone not named Markakis for him.

Sherrill and Huff, that combination could land someone like Kemp, but I seriously doubt it. Because I know that if I were the Dodgers GM, I would not do that deal.

But, I do agree with you now that Sherrill does fill a need for them. Huff does as well. So, I think they are a good trade partner and I hope something can be worked out...although...I'd still probably prefer to trade Sherrill to the Sawx or Rays or Brew Crew for Lowrie, Brignac, or Escobar.

It's probably safe to rule out Kershaw and Escobar. I don't see those two going anywhere. I wouldn't mind having Kemp, but I'd rather get LaRoche and a SS. Maybe trade Reimold in a package for a SS if we landed Kemp.

Broxton appears to have closer stuff. Could they be interested in Sherrill? Sure. He's a quality good left handed pitcher. Are they desperate for a closer. I wouldn't think so. Isn't this what they've been grooming Broxton for? Saito is 38. They had to realize this day would come. Broxton has 46 k's in 39 innings.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/players/cards/?pl_id=13571

This may work out in our favor if MacPhail can take advatage. We've been creating all kinds of trade scenarios with the Dodgers lately. This may make one of those ideas actually happen.

We all know what they have, but what do we want from them?

OF- Kemp?

OF- Eithier?

3B- LaRoche?

SS- Hu?

3B- DeWitt?

SS- De Jesus?

Let me throw this out there...

What if we could land Kershaw in a deal? Won't happen, but what if... :scratchchinhmm:

I would be ecstatic to land LaRoche and DeJesus for Sherrill, but I don't think that's likely. DeWitt and DeJesus is more likely.

And Huff is not a good fit for the Dodgers. They've got Loney at 1B and no DH. I don't see anyone acquiring Huff to be an everyday OFer or 3Bman.

I would be ecstatic to land LaRoche and DeJesus for Sherrill, but I don't think that's likely. DeWitt and DeJesus is more likely.

And Huff is not a good fit for the Dodgers. They've got Loney at 1B and no DH. I don't see anyone acquiring Huff to be an everyday OFer or 3Bman.

Why not? Huff is a huge upgrade over Dewitt and btw, Dewitt seems to be more well liked than LaRoche. LaRoche has seen his value really drop and the Dodgers seem to have soured on him.

Dewitt can also slide over to second if Kent continues to struggle some.

We can't get Kershaw though.

It just keeps getting more and more obvious.

The Dodgers and Orioles match up so well.

AM should be talking to the Dodgers everyday until something gets done.

Didn't we try that once? The Dodgers and Orioles may match up well but their FO is pretty dysfunctional. With their dysfunction combined with MacPhail's methodology, I doubt anything gets done between the two teams.

Broxton appears to have closer stuff. Could they be interested in Sherrill? Sure. He's a quality good left handed pitcher. Are they desperate for a closer. I wouldn't think so. Isn't this what they've been grooming Broxton for? Saito is 38. They had to realize this day would come. Broxton has 46 k's in 39 innings.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/players/cards/?pl_id=13571

Yep, Broxton is going to be their guy, and I would not be surprised if he is their guy for the rest of this season and beyond. Broxton has electric stuff, and I think once he gets in that role, he is going to be hard to supplant.

Didn't we try that once? The Dodgers and Orioles may match up well but their FO is pretty dysfunctional. With their dysfunction combined with MacPhail's methodology, I doubt anything gets done between the two teams.
Bedard was supposedly near signed sealed and delivered to them early in the offseason.

Bedard was supposedly near signed sealed and delivered to them early in the offseason.

Right...IT wasn't an issue with the two FO's, it was the Dodgers deciding Kuroda made more sense for them.

A scenario not yet discussed on here is us taking on Jason Schmidt...He is working his way back and is owed a lot of money next year...The Dodgers really don't need him and by us taking him on, it may help things.

We get the vet starter for a year to bridge the gap and he could be worth a lot in trade next year if he get and stay healthy...It is a big risk for us and he would have to waive his NTC to come here but if he would do that, it may make things even easier and may allow us to get an extra young player.

Something like Sherrill, Burres, Scott and Huff for Schmidt, LaRoche, Kemp, McDonald and DeJesus would be very nice.

The Dodgers only really lose Kemp off of their current team and really upgrade their offense and BP...Burres gives them an extra arm as well.

They get rid of Schmidt contract and trade depth...That is a trade that should net the Dodgers the NL West title and puts them in position to win the NL.

Yep, Broxton is going to be their guy, and I would not be surprised if he is their guy for the rest of this season and beyond. Broxton has electric stuff, and I think once he gets in that role, he is going to be hard to supplant.

Someone who we could get a lot easier from them is another Johnathon - Meloan. They've been using him as a starter this year in the PCL, and it's been a semi-disasterous experiment. But he's been dominant as a reliever - up until this year. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/John-Meloan.shtml I'd obviously rather have Broxton, but Meloan might become almost as effective in relief, and he'll cost you MUCH less in trade. Frankly, if I had Broxton - I'd turn him back into a starter. The Dodgeboys have both of them in the wrong roles, imo.

Archived