Fangraphs Top 10

baltfan

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

That is a terrifying list.

Like opinions, everyone seems to have a list. Pretty shocked that Tate would be as high and that Carroll would crack the top 10. I would imagine his opinion that Dillion Tate is a better prospect than DL Hall is probably only shared by Tate's mother. :D

19 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Are Sisco and DJ off the list because they have MLB experience or because they're Just Not That Good?

Sisco no longer has rookie status, so he doesn’t go on these lists.   DJ could still be listed.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s a pretty poor list.   I note that Hulet is a fantasy guy, not one of fangraphs’ scouting types.  The scouting guys do their own separate list, in the spring. 

Poor because our system is poor, or poor because his rankings are off?

I wouldn't have Tate nearly so high and Carroll would not be on my list after seeing him pitch in the majors. I am also not ready to give up on Hunter Harvey just yet. He has to be in the top 10 somewhere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Cowser has had a lot of HH contact and nothing to show in recent weeks - still, the production has been down now for a bit and would be nice to see some results.  Though the extended scuffles of Hayes and Mullins still make him a pretty clear regular at the moment imho.
    • Yep, haven't been following the Rays closely this year, could not believe Randy's stats when MASN put them on the screen last night. Unpredictable game, that's for sure
    • I'm glad to see Westburg back in the lineup. I should've gotten off of my butt and drove up to the game today.
    • Hopefully, these guys have a better June than they did in May. Cowser .580 OPS O'Hearn .653 OPS
    • Because "potential" tends to be more indicative of future results than a small, recent sample of success.
    • I don't get why everyone on here is in love with "potential" instead of "results." I remember last year when Means was rehabbing in the minors this board was saying he'd maybe be a bullpen piece. I was thinking, "Do these people not remember 'John Means day'? The guy knows how to pitch and gets results. I trust him WAY more than Grayson. Sadly Means got hurt and didn't get a chance to pitch in the playoffs. When the playoffs roll around in 2024, if Suarez still has a 1.57 ERA and .99 WHIP, I'm giving him the damn ball way before I give to a guy with a 3.53 ERA and 1.33 WHIP who has a career 27 ERA In the post-season.  Don't misunderstand me, Grayson has a TON of potential but he's reminding me a lot of Kevin Gausman at this point in his career - a guy who repeatedly got our hopes up as being a dominant TOR guy but never was for us. Suarez has a 1.2 WAR this year in 34 innings. Grayson has a 0.5 in 51 innings. If we had to pick a top 3 for the playoffs tomorrow, I wouldn't put Grayson as the #3.
    • I hear you on the 19 year olds. I don’t buy it as an absolute. There is data both ways. COVID is still a factor too. Depends on the kid. Each player is judged on their own merits. Bobby Witt Jr. was 19 when drafted. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 
  • Popular Contributors