Loewen done pitching

BaltimoreTerp

Really guys? Loewen's career as a pitcher and possibly as a ballplayer are over and all the two of you can due is bicker? Please one of you be the bigger person and just stop.

Best of luck to you Adam.

I was thinking the same thing. Let's discuss the issue and not bicker about who was right and who was wrong.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to feel terrible for the guy. He is a hard worker..Great work ethic and an excellent teammate.

No chance anyone takes him in the rule 5, so we can hide him for a while.

Here's hoping he can come back as a hitter...He was highly regarded as a hitter, so maybe he can get that back.

Mark Viviano just said they're gonna terminate his contract and re-work one.

Also, if anyone saw Adam talking just now... I was kinda happy with what he said. Something about "I'm not the type of guy who wants to just collect a paycheck while sitting on the bench. I'd rather give it away and play some baseball"

Something along those lines.

This shouldn't necessarily preclude him from trying pitching again but I would say he's making the best choice.

Does anyone know where to find his hitting stats? Only thing I was able to find was this blurb on his player page from when he played community college.

Also played first base when not pitching and batted .353 (53-150) with a home run and 38 RBI in 45 games...Is single.

Trying to put a positive spin on it - Now the O's may have a new hitting prospect - assuming the arm problems don't negatively impact his swing - which I assume it won't. Back in the day, Don Baylor tore his shoulder early in his career - It left him with a shell of his former throwing arm, but it didn't seem to affect his swing. Good luck, Adam Loewen. You gotta lot of people here pulling for you.

This shouldn't necessarily preclude him from trying pitching again but I would say he's making the best choice.

Does anyone know where to find his hitting stats? Only thing I was able to find was this blurb on his player page from when he played community college. Also played first base when not pitching and batted .353 (53-150) with a home run and 38 RBI in 45 games...Is single.

I'm curious as well. All I knew about is that he played relatively well back in college at 1B. Nothing else.

I don't think he has the speed to be an outfielder. I think 1B or DH is in his cards, that's IF he can regain his bat and it can be competent against major leaguers.

Trying to put a positive spin on it - Now the O's may have a new hitting prospect - assuming the arm problems don't negatively impact his swing - which I assume it won't. Back in the day, Don Baylor tore his shoulder early in his career - It left him with a shell of his former throwing arm, but it didn't seem to affect his swing. Good luck, Adam Loewen. You gotta lot of people here pulling for you.

He'll probably be batting left. In that case, a lot of the stress will be on his right arm. I think he'll be fine in that regard, especially since swinging is a lot less stressful than pitching.

He's still got some time to make it. Ankiel did it in 3 seasons, that would make Loewen roughly 27 when he would come up as a hitter. For his sake, I'm not going to mention Ankiel and Loewen in the same sentence... it's just not fair. Let him work at it, then come a season or two he may pop up somewhere in our farm system as a pretty solid hitter.

Could he make it back to majors as a hitter?

Your guess is as good as anyone's. There is no relevant MiLB or MLB batting data. All I know is he had a pretty decent bat in college. I don't think he can be an OF, but he might be able to pull off 1B/DH. Now, as far as his bat goes, I don't know if anyone legitimately knows that.

Archived