Interesting FAs

wildcard

A starting pitcher  on a one year deal isn't a bad idea especially if they find a way to trade Cobb.  If someone like Buchholz has a good first have maybe you can flip him.  

I think they are going to give every opportunity to Jackson and Martin to win the SS job.  Rather just see what Hays has in RF than sign a veteran guy.  I see them bringing in some minor league free agents to compete in  spring training but nothing more. 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

A starting pitcher  on a one year deal isn't a bad idea especially if they find a way to trade Cobb.  If someone like Buchholz has a good first have maybe you can flip him.  

I think they are going to give every opportunity to Jackson and Martin to win the SS job.  Rather just see what Hays has in RF than sign a veteran guy.  I see them bringing in some minor league free agents to compete in  spring training but nothing more. 

I think we see a veteran catcher signed. I would love someone with a good defensive reputation, particularly someone that can help pitchers grow. Would Maldanado fit that mold?

Outside of that, I'd rather just go with what we have, given guys a chance to show what they can do (Stewart, Mullins, Nunez, Ruiz, Jackson, Martin, etc.) while players in the minors (Hays, Diaz, McKenna, Kremer, Tate, Ortiz, etc) are given a chance at the big league level when they prove themselves ready.

I honestly don't care what the team looks like on Opening Day. I'm far more interested to see what it looks like come August when I hope we see Hays, Diaz, Mountcastle and more on the roster.

31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think Gentry last contract was 1/900k.   1/4m is for other players that do not  get the offers they want elsewhere.

Yeah Jones and Markakis aren't playing 1 year 4 million.  That won't happen.  They would retire first. 

11 hours ago, wildcard said:

If they are still on the list on Feb 1st

Max contract: 1/4m

Some would only be offered a minor league contract

Some will have to fall through the cracks to still be available

Clay Buchholz SP

Nate Karns SP

Drew Pomeranz SP

Ervin Santana SP

Freddy Galvis SS

Adeiny  Hechavarria SS

Jose Iglesia SS

Avisail Garcia RF

Craig Gentry RF

Brandon Guyer RF

Jon Jay RF

Nick Markakis RF

Adam Jones RF

Caleb Joseph C

Martin Maldonado C

Matt Wieters C

Pitching Coach - Jim Hickey 

Which ones will sign MiLB deal with invites? No to Hickey for several reasons even if free. 

For a RH hitter getting little interest, Camden Yards is a good place to rebuild value on a one-year deal, like Nelson Cruz did. I'd look for those guys, maybe spend more than $4MM, and have a handshake deal to try to trade to a contender at the break.

Just now, gtown said:

For a RH hitter getting little interest, Camden Yards is a good place to rebuild value on a one-year deal, like Nelson Cruz did. I'd look for those guys, maybe spend more than $4MM, and have a handshake deal to try to trade to a contender at the break.

Which team isn't aware of park effects?

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Which team isn't aware of park effects?

I wasn't talking about pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. A guy can rebuild value in a hitters' park and still bring back something at the deadline.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’d be very surprised if either fell anywhere close to that far.    

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones fell that far.  His range in the OF isn't what it used to be and he's not a good enough hitter to be a DH.

I don't think he gets a 1 year deal, but I can see him signing a two year deal that's not that expensive.  

Archived