Interesting FAs

wildcard

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think if it were a foregone conclusion, he'd be a Yankee by now.  

Either the Yankees are playing it cool and are being given first right of refusal to match/beat any offer Manny gets or they're both cooling off on each other.  

I think his representatives have to make it look like it's not a foregone conclusion so they really get everyone's best offers. That's a slow process that stops and starts with individual teams. The Yankees will get him if they want him unless someone else really decides they're all in.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree.    I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Machado will be a Yankee.    He’ll be a Yankee if they decide they want him badly enough to outbid the other teams.    They can outbid anybody, but that doesn’t mean they’ll choose to do it.    Manny is more of a luxury than a necessity for them.   

So there competition is: 

1) The White Sox, who will only offer him a 7 year deal

2) The Cubs, who don't currently have an opening at 3B or SS

3) The Phillies, a team/city that Machado is rumored to have no interest in playing for/in. 

Machado to the Yanks and Harper resigns with Nats. It's not the sexy outcome that everyone wants, but it's what will happen. And the Yankees are slow rolling Machado because they know he wants to play in NY. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

So there competition is: 

3) The Phillies, a team/city that Machado is rumored to have no interest in playing for/in. 

Machado to the Yanks and Harper resigns with Nats. It's not the sexy outcome that everyone wants, but it's what will happen. And the Yankees are slow rolling Machado because they know he wants to play in NY. 

*their

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think if it were a foregone conclusion, he'd be a Yankee by now.  

Either the Yankees are playing it cool and are being given first right of refusal to match/beat any offer Manny gets or they're both cooling off on each other.  

I rarely believe anything I read about FA negotiations until they’re over.    So many times a deal gets done that is way richer than anything that had been reported in the days before the announcement , or is with a team that hadn’t even been rumored to be in the mix.    Just let me know when it’s done.    

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Adeiny  Hechavarria SS

I was watching the videos of the pitcher we claimed off waivers, and Adeiny looked real smooth out there. I know we have the two rule 5 guys but he wouldn’t be the worst signing. Are we really going to carry two rule 5 SS?  

Three on opening day...

22 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I think his representatives have to make it look like it's not a foregone conclusion so they really get everyone's best offers. That's a slow process that stops and starts with individual teams. The Yankees will get him if they want him unless someone else really decides they're all in.

Wonder if he'd be happy to stay with Dodgers? 

28 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Wonder if he'd be happy to stay with Dodgers? 

I'm not sure where he'd play. If the Dodgers are going to hand out a big contract I feel like they need Harper more than Machado. 

C-Barnes 1B-Bellinger 2B-Muncy SS-Seager 3B-Turner OF-Pederson OF-Taylor OF-Verdugo

On 1/7/2019 at 5:24 AM, wildcard said:

If they are still on the list on Feb 1st

Max contract: 1/4m

Some would only be offered a minor league contract

Some will have to fall through the cracks to still be available

Clay Buchholz SP

Nate Karns SP

Drew Pomeranz SP

Ervin Santana SP

Freddy Galvis SS

Adeiny  Hechavarria SS

Jose Iglesia SS

Avisail Garcia RF

Craig Gentry RF

Brandon Guyer RF

Nick Markakis RF

Adam Jones RF

Caleb Joseph C

Martin Maldonado C

Matt Wieters C

Pitching Coach - Jim Hickey 

Karns or Pomeranz are two pitchers thaty would make some sense as a year deal.  Both are young but have had some injuries which hurts them in free agency but could be guys to if healthy bounce back and help out for half the season and then be moved at the break.

Avisail Garia is the guy that interest me the most.  The talent is there and he is stll just 27 years of age but had a down year dealing with some injures but again was just 26/27 last year.  In 2017 he was great and could be a guy if he comes back healthy in Camden could put up big numbers again.  In 2017 he hit .330/.380/.506/.886 with 19 homers in 130 games.  Id' offer him 1 year 5 million with a vesting option if he gets 400 at bats for another year and 7 million.  He has the best chance because of his age to put up a big year and then you either move him if the deal comes up or keep him til the offseason at a decent contract that could be moved next off season.

23 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So there competition is: 

So no truth to the rumor that both Machado and Harper were seen at the Raven playoff game this weekend? That the Orioles are the surprise team for both with their cutting salary so much.That Elias and Sig have determined that both are young and analytically feasible for a team rebuilding and contending at the same time.Both fit in nicely in right field and shortstop. Get her done 

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So no truth to the rumor that both Machado and Harper were seen at the Raven playoff game this weekend? That the Orioles are the surprise team for both with their cutting salary so much.That Elias and Sig have determined that both are young and analytically feasible for a team rebuilding and contending at the same time.Both fit in nicely in right field and shortstop. Get her done 

LOL.  There actually was a rumor in Chicago that Machado was seen at the Bears game.

11 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Karns or Pomeranz are two pitchers thaty would make some sense as a year deal.  Both are young but have had some injuries which hurts them in free agency but could be guys to if healthy bounce back and help out for half the season and then be moved at the break.

Avisail Garia is the guy that interest me the most.  The talent is there and he is stll just 27 years of age but had a down year dealing with some injures but again was just 26/27 last year.  In 2017 he was great and could be a guy if he comes back healthy in Camden could put up big numbers again.  In 2017 he hit .330/.380/.506/.886 with 19 homers in 130 games.  Id' offer him 1 year 5 million with a vesting option if he gets 400 at bats for another year and 7 million.  He has the best chance because of his age to put up a big year and then you either move him if the deal comes up or keep him til the offseason at a decent contract that could be moved next off season.

Garcia hit .362 on ground balls in 2017 which a ridiculous rate for a player with moderate to below average speed. DIBS estimated that he got 21 more singles then he should have and that his "realistic" batting average should have been .284 versus the .330 he actually hit that year. Garcia is never going to duplicate that batting average again which means he's a slightly above average hitter with below average power and below average speed. His walks are also well below average (almost Adam Jones territory) and he's a below average defensive player. What in those number make you think that he's a good player? I honestly think there's a 50/50 chance that Stewart produces better numbers then Garcia next season (if he gets the ABs). 

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I mean, I didn't see Poe with his mask off at the game on Sunday. ;)

Archived