Maryland vs. Minnesota

Oriole4Life

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He did have a team ranked in the top five.

Was that the Dez/Melo team? Or Diamond Stone year (think it was the Stone/Carter year). This team is deeper and actually plays like a team. Rankings don't really mean anything. Bruno Fernando is better than anyone Turgeon has had here.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Finisher said:

Was that the Dez/Melo team? Or Diamond Stone year (think it was the Stone/Carter year). This team is deeper and actually plays like a team. Rankings don't really mean anything. Bruno Fernando is better than anyone Turgeon has had here.

If there is one thing that I've noticed with this team is that it seems to be the first team that truly does play like a team. There is no Melo trying take over or make shots with four defenders on them. This team shares the ball and I've been really impressed with the the maturity and court awareness of the Freshmen. Although I'm not a fan of Turgeon as an in game coach, I am very impressed with this class of Jalen Smith, Ayala, Lindo, Wiggins and Sherrel Smith. 

I start to wonder if Huerter doesn't go to the NBA or Jackson wasn't a knucklehead and left, how good this team really could have been this year?

2 minutes ago, sdmarkakis said:

I think that's the key and why Cowan is starting to play better. When he doesn't need to be the man scoring all of our points, some of the pressure is taken off and he seems to be shooting better.

He's definitely taking better shots. He learned from Melo and Turgeon that when you are the guy, you just take over and are expected to take those shots in crunch time. Now, it seems the team doesn't necessarily have a go to guy in crunch time, but the best matchup gets priority. 

Cowan appears to be playing under much better control, and part of this is the emergence of Ayala at one. I like the back court dynamics with Cowan playing much more under control for the most part. He has seemed to have really developed this year.  

Archived