Bobby Dickerson hired by Phillies

Legend_Of_Joey

This move will not help influence him to sign with the Phils. If anything it will remind him of being an Oriole.  He has moved on from Baltimore. He's Prime Time and loves the cameras and attention he'll get in NY. Why the delay? NY trying to move an infielder in a deal? Andujar !

Darn. I was hoping he'd be the lone holdover from last season's staff. Best to him. His charges will know cold the ins and outs of infield fundamentals, that's for sure.

As for the supposed Machado tie-in, I don't believe it's even a tangential one. Philadelphia's F.O. is and has been chock-full of ex-Baltimore staff.

(Now, what the White Sox are doing with the Alonso and Jay acquisitions...sure, if one squints hard enough, s/he could connect the dots there.)

33 minutes ago, McLikin said:

Darn. I was hoping he'd be the lone holdover from last season's staff. Best to him. His charges will know cold the ins and outs of infield fundamentals, that's for sure.

As for the supposed Machado tie-in, I don't believe it's even a tangential one. Philadelphia's F.O. is and has been chock-full of ex-Baltimore staff.

(Now, what the White Sox are doing with the Alonso and Jay acquisitions...sure, if one squints hard enough, s/he could connect the dots there.)

Welcome and I agree. 

5 hours ago, section18 said:

This move will not help influence him to sign with the Phils. If anything it will remind him of being an Oriole.  He has moved on from Baltimore. He's Prime Time and loves the cameras and attention he'll get in NY. Why the delay? NY trying to move an infielder in a deal? Andujar !

Why the delay? Cashman is playing it smart. Manny made a huge mistake by letting the world know that the Yanks are his dream team. Cashman knows he can get Manny at a discount. Let the Phils and WSox pony up their best and final to set ceiling and Cashman will come in with well-below-ceiling offer and snag him.

8 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Happy for him. Glad the Orioles have moved on though.

Absolutely.  I am happy for him too, and I am not necessarily glad they have moved on, but Bobby seemed to sorta start to become a little too idolized by Roch and others.  I mean yes, he did great work with Manny, Schoop and others, and I loved the videos that get posted, but I mean, if he was a wizard, our SS this year would be a guy named Tim Beckham...I wish him well, but the fewer ties we have to the old regime the better.  

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Good for Bobby.

I wish him the best up there, as long as they arent playing the Birds.

I dont think this has squat to do with Manny coming there. Bobby is an very good coach, that understands this game. IMO.

Yeah, I don't get thinking that it would...

Philly:  Manny we will pay 325 Mil, stupid money, for 10 years.  How about it?

Manny:  Not good enough for me without Bobby D.

3 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Absolutely.  I am happy for him too, and I am not necessarily glad they have moved on, but Bobby seemed to sorta start to become a little too idolized by Roch and others.  I mean yes, he did great work with Manny, Schoop and others, and I loved the videos that get posted, but I mean, if he was a wizard, our SS this year would be a guy named Tim Beckham...I wish him well, but the fewer ties we have to the old regime the better.  

Jon and Alonzo waiting for me in the black car...

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

So Beckman, the failed #1 overall pick of the rays was a bust, because Bobby D couldn't coach him enough?

I think Buck actually said it best a few years ago, you coach these guys and equip them the best you can for them to succeed, but at the end of the day, they have to be responsible to actually perform the job.

46 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Good for Bobby.

I wish him the best up there, as long as they arent playing the Birds.

I dont think this has squat to do with Manny coming there. Bobby is an very good coach, that understands this game. IMO.

I agree. I think the White Sox having Manny's brother-in-law and friend is more convincing than an infield coach - all things being equal with money, of course.

Archived