O’s claim IF Hanser Alberto from Yankees; DFA Susac

Frobby

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Our catching depth is pretty thin. We need a bunch of Catchers for ST.  I don’t see anyone stealing ABs from him in AAA. 

I’d say we have 5 catchers who could be in AAA or the majors — Sisco, Wynns, Susac, Cervenka and Perez.   Only Sisco and Wynns are on the 40-man roster.  

On the topic of DFAs, I thought it was interesting that the Yankees got a DSL guy in a recent trade when they DFAd a player. I haven’t seen players get traded that were international signings in DSL. That sounds like it’s more valuable than “cash considerations” or acquiring international slot money. 

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

On the topic of DFAs, I thought it was interesting that the Yankees got a DSL guy in a recent trade when they DFAd a player. I haven’t seen players get traded that were international signings in DSL. That sounds like it’s more valuable than “cash considerations” or acquiring international slot money. 

It depends, DSL teams have plenty of non-prospects who aren't worth anything really (as players, not to disparage the human beings involved). The player the Yankees acquired has only t88 mph and wasn't a big bonus signing, so it's not a big return by any stretch of the imagination. Probably a live arm with no present strength who the Yankees want to throw into their excellent pitcher development mix. 

25 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

It depends, DSL teams have plenty of non-prospects who aren't worth anything really (as players, not to disparage the human beings involved). The player the Yankees acquired has only t88 mph and wasn't a big bonus signing, so it's not a big return by any stretch of the imagination. Probably a live arm with no present strength who the Yankees want to throw into their excellent pitcher development mix. 

I imagine that at least occasionally deals are made just to control where a player lands.

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

If anyone needs an example of just signing guys to fill out a roster all they have to do is check out our DSL and GCL teams. Our MLB roster might only have an average age 1-2 years older. Hahahaha

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anal-ytics is all encompassing.  

FTFY  :ph34r:  I was gonna mention wOBA, FIP and BABIP, fToT, etc. (whatever they mean) also, but thanks for clarifying!  When you said that about analytics, I can't get it out of my head!

• Upvote 1