Stand Pat!

Peace21

My bad if this post has taken a turn for the worse. I was just curious as to what everyones thinking is.

You admitted you were incorrect on one of the points. I'll give you credit for that :)

My problem is that you don't seem to be following along the argument, but just posting a series of some kind of talking points as the argument evolves.

At least that's what it looks like to me.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all seems rather simple to me. If you can get value, you trade anyone on the roster. Some teams may be willing to give up several high ceiling prospects for a shot to win this year, then you do it weather it's Sherrill, BRob, DCab, whoever. But if you are only being offered AAAA level players and the such, don't bother. I wouldn't even trade Millar if I didn't feel like the guy coming back had a chance to be a solid contributor to a competitive team.

The other issue I see for the "blow it up" crowd (which happens to include me if we get the right value of course) is that in his short tenure here, McPhail hasn't shown a great ability to multi-thread. Seemed he was so focused with Bedard this winter he didn't get around to anything else after. So with only 10 days or so left in the non-waiver deadline, if we don't see a trade soon, I wouldn't expect a major overhaul.

Oh, I see... you won't respond to a single point I made, you ignore both the points and the questions, but you somehow expect me to give careful consideration to yours? And, even better, now you're gonna have a worse opinion of me if I don't respond to this?

So, now it's not just disagreement, now it's ultimatums? Well, isn't that just great. Tell you what, get a new game, because I'm not playing that one. And if your opinion is based on that kind of garbage, well, maybe you should go get your noose, rile up the mob, and perhaps you can lynch me and Peace at the same time. But remind us all how it's not a case of "deadline deal mania".

Dude, if what I'm doing is so bad, why are you doing the same?

I don't think you will find one person on this site that will not agree that Sherrill could be a part of a contender here in Baltimore...We all agree with that. We may not agree on his future role but we agree that he can help.

But where does he help us more? Pitching 40-50 good innings every year or bringing us back 2 ML ready prospects that fill huge holes for guys that give you 500-600 at bats and play every day?

The Ladder, only if the two ML ready prospects are ready.

My bad if this post has taken a turn for the worse. I was just curious as to what everyones thinking is.

Don't sweat it, Peace. B-Terp was a bit harsh on you there, but he was just frustrated.

My take is the board is willing to trade for the right return. Now. At the deadline. For pretty much any player.

Lynching, crucifictions, mobs? :eek::eek::eek:

Can anyone tell me how to get back to Oriole's Hangout? :confused:

Just when you think he couldn't get any more ridiculous. He's a great fan, has a ton of knowledge. But boy is he a pain. 90% of the posts I see from him are insulting "those (us) people" for crazy, absurd ideas. But I guess if that's what makes him feel better, more power to him. I kind of feel bad about what ever happened to him to make him have to talk to people like that.

Just when you think he couldn't get any more ridiculous. He's a great fan, has a ton of knowledge. But boy is he a pain. 90% of the posts I see from him are insulting "those (us) people" for crazy, absurd ideas. But I guess if that's what makes him feel better, more power to him. I kind of feel bad about what ever happened to him to make him have to talk to people like that.

Who said I was talking about you?

Unless you're part of "us".

And exactly who is this "us" anyway?

You're not trying to speak for "the whole board" are you?

You...you aren't talking about me, right? :laughlol:

But where does he help us more? Pitching 40-50 good innings every year or bringing us back 2 ML ready prospects that fill huge holes for guys that give you 500-600 at bats and play every day?

Why is everyone so stuck on "ML ready" prospects? Give me a few high ceiling guys that are a year away and I'm happy. We're not contending immediately anyway.

Ya know. I knew I spelled it wrong after I read it again. I just had no idea how far I was off. :D

I couldn't pass that up - I felt bad for bringing it up but that was far outweighed by the opportunity to take a shot at Shack. I'm sure you'll understand.

Archived