Stand Pat!

Peace21

Who said I was talking about you?

Unless you're part of "us".

And exactly who is this "us" anyway?

You're not trying to speak for "the whole board" are you?

I don't give a crap who you're talking about. It's not the point. But you always turn things around like a pro.

Fact is, an overwhelming majority of your posts are attacking the board. It's ridiculous and for an adult, doesn't make any sense at all.

For as much as you bring to the board (and I have been a strong supporter of you at times), you are twice as much a jackass towards anyone and everyone who does something "crazy" in your mind. You are a classic example of the person saying whatever he wants over an internet connection. I find it hard pressed you would talk to people this way face to face. And if you did, I doubt it would last very long. And even though it appears i'm doing the same thing as I type this, I would love to say it to your face.

You honestly take a lot of the joy out of OH for me.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is everyone so stuck on "ML ready" prospects? Give me a few high ceiling guys that are a year away and I'm happy. We're not contending immediately anyway.

That's fine with me as well but targeting guys that are close is a smart thing to do...They are more projectable.

I wasn't going to say anything, but im bored. So I will anyway.

Rshack- Your point isn't really a good one. To say we shouldn't deal at the deadline is ludicrous. If the right deal is there, why dont you do it. Who really cares about your questions if they dont make sense. The O's havent made any crucial deadline deals because it's taken them 10 years to realize they need to rebuild, therefore standed pat at the deadlines. The point is, if a freat deal is there, why does it matter when you take it?

Dont even bother B-Terp

That's fine with me as well but targeting guys that are close is a smart thing to do...They are more projectable.

More projectable, or require less projection? I would think it's the fact that we need to "project" them less that's appealing about higher-level prospects, no?

I agree - we take the best bundle of talent regardless of advancement. But a preference for near ML_ready talent is understandable. And worthwhile.

Ok lets get back to trade ideas? Stop bickering guys. So who does everyone want for Sherrill?

Party pooper...:laughlol:

I want at least the two best young players we can get. I would prefer position players that are able to contribute at the major-league level next year, but you can never have enough pitching.

I think we pull the trigger if we get the right return. Do you? Simple question.

Sure, just like I think we trade Nick and AJ for the right return.

But that's not the point, is it? Do you think we could get a lot for Nick and AJ? I do.

So, shouldn't we be talking about trading them too?

Sure, just like I think we trade Nick and AJ for the right return. But that's not the point, is it? Do you think we could get a lot for Nick and AJ? I do. Then shouldn't we be talking about trading them too?

What?

Those are the guys we are trying to get in trades

Sure, just like I think we trade Nick and AJ for the right return.

But that's not the point, is it? Do you think we could get a lot for Nick and AJ? I do.

So, shouldn't we be talking about trading them too?

Sure. For instance, if the Dodgers wanted Nick, it'd take Kemp, Kershaw and LaRoche.

What?

Those are the guys we are trying to get in trades

But if we got the right return?

I mean, if the real point here is that we should trade guys for the right return (which I don't think it really is, but let's pretend it is), then we should be looking to trade anybody for the right return, shouldn't we?

Archived